carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #6111
SCA
Jaded

Are there any options that you could now do without or wish that you had added? What do you think about the shifter since it does not have the SSK like the T or GTS.

Last edited by SCA; Yesterday at 01:20 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #6112
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Are there any options that you could now do without or wish that you had added? What do you think about the shifter since it does not have the SSK like the T or GTS.
I like the shifter as is. I imagine it could easily take an SSK and do better, but I am impressed with the subtle improvements they made for the 992 in both shifter mechanism as well as clutch uptake.

Other options. Hmmm. Let me think. There’s so many dumb options that I/we chose which are fun to have, but not really need to have. Like paint matched rear engine vent (parallel to 3rd brake light). Or aluminum pedals. The 360 view is really helpful in tight spots but could you do without it? Sure. Burmester —probably kind of a waste in a cabrio, but I still dig it. If there is a HUD, I’d dig that (is there one?).

The 18 way seats are good. But better than the typical Porsche 4 way seats? Doubtful.

No need for PCCBs. I have not (but likely will) run into issues without FAL. These 21” Spyder wheels are okay. I don’t like the matte grey finish, but that’s me.

I’ve never had an interior this nice and it got a lot of compliments on the drive home.

I will say this —now owning an S and getting it how I want it, I don’t really see the appeal of the Carrera T. I’m an ex-East Coast asshole and fully admit it, but I don’t see the point of the T or the GTS. Get an S or get the GT3. Otherwise, the standard 911 with PDK is damn quick.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote