carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2020, 06:51 PM   #11
robg
Carmudgeon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I'd be surprised if BMW would let Toyota use the Supra shared platform on a 3 series competitor.
Didn't mean to imply that. Was just saying that, in thinking about it, the IS might actually fit better in a toyota showroom next to those cars. Badged as a toyota, and at a lower price point, I think it could make more sense (given the outdated platform).
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:14 PM   #12
JST
195
 
JST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 21,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Didn't mean to imply that. Was just saying that, in thinking about it, the IS might actually fit better in a toyota showroom next to those cars. Badged as a toyota, and at a lower price point, I think it could make more sense (given the outdated platform).
They're actually doing this with the Harrier, aren't they?
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #13
robg
Carmudgeon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
They're actually doing this with the Harrier, aren't they?
Oh interesting- hadn't seen that. I guess the Harrier and Lexus RX are no longer twins?
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:59 PM   #14
Josh (PA)
Hello.
 
Josh (PA)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Carmudgeonly Ride: '03 325xiT, '11 135i C, '13 X5 n55
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 3,734
On the other hand, Mazda is doing some good things:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...e-six-details/
__________________
Josh (PA) -
'11 135i convertible
'13 X5 n55
'03 325 wagon
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #15
Alan
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,075
If Mazda actually offered that they need to offer AWD if they are making the base RWD ... I had an Infiniti G50 RWD in Florida as a rental and I really liked it a lot .. I could totally own one (in AWD) except in the rain the rear end would come out and truthfully to me it was not in a fun way, AWD is needed even in the warm weather for a DD ... at least IMO.

As far as Lexus, it just sucks they gave up, I always liked the GS & IS models but they are outdated and unexciting. I will hold out to see the new IS in person hopefully it looks more up to date than that article.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:46 AM   #16
kognito
older fart than ZBB
 
kognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On the road again
Posts: 8,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
If Mazda actually offered that they need to offer AWD if they are making the base RWD ... I had an Infiniti G50 RWD in Florida as a rental and I really liked it a lot .. I could totally own one (in AWD) except in the rain the rear end would come out and truthfully to me it was not in a fun way, AWD is needed even in the warm weather for a DD ... at least IMO.
That is one of the main reasons I just bought a loaded AWD Fusion. Second reason was because the wife really missed her 2014 version (this one is much nicer than the old one)
__________________
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE
2016 Focus SE
kognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:42 PM   #17
Alan
What ev's
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
That is one of the main reasons I just bought a loaded AWD Fusion. Second reason was because the wife really missed her 2014 version (this one is much nicer than the old one)
Completely get it plus Ford did a really good job with the Fusion ... it really is a beautiful sedan why Ford wants out of the sedan business kinda sucks ...
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:32 AM   #18
robg
Carmudgeon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
On the other hand, Mazda is doing some good things:
https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022...e-six-details/


Yeah that looks very promising. I think mazda is my favorite car company now - one of the few who seem to still try and name cars that are engaging to drive, look good and have nice interiors at an affordable price.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To those thinking about trying a ..... 3LOU5 Biker's Detour 11 08-28-2006 12:36 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC