carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM   #6111
SCA
Jaded

Are there any options that you could now do without or wish that you had added? What do you think about the shifter since it does not have the SSK like the T or GTS.

Last edited by SCA; Yesterday at 01:20 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #6112
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Are there any options that you could now do without or wish that you had added? What do you think about the shifter since it does not have the SSK like the T or GTS.
I like the shifter as is. I imagine it could easily take an SSK and do better, but I am impressed with the subtle improvements they made for the 992 in both shifter mechanism as well as clutch uptake.

Other options. Hmmm. Let me think. There’s so many dumb options that I/we chose which are fun to have, but not really need to have. Like paint matched rear engine vent (parallel to 3rd brake light). Or aluminum pedals. The 360 view is really helpful in tight spots but could you do without it? Sure. Burmester —probably kind of a waste in a cabrio, but I still dig it. If there is a HUD, I’d dig that (is there one?).

The 18 way seats are good. But better than the typical Porsche 4 way seats? Doubtful.

No need for PCCBs. I have not (but likely will) run into issues without FAL. These 21” Spyder wheels are okay. I don’t like the matte grey finish, but that’s me.

I’ve never had an interior this nice and it got a lot of compliments on the drive home.

I will say this —now owning an S and getting it how I want it, I don’t really see the appeal of the Carrera T. I’m an ex-East Coast asshole and fully admit it, but I don’t see the point of the T or the GTS. Get an S or get the GT3. Otherwise, the standard 911 with PDK is damn quick.

lemming is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:45 AM   #6113
SCA
Jaded

I was the one that recommended that you spec the aluminum pedals. I spec’d them on the T and I currently have them spec’d on the S. I really like the look, but the driver is the only one that notices them when getting in the vehicle. What are your thoughts on the LED Matrix headlights that are watered down in the U.S. thanks to USDOT? I love the way they look, but they perform no differently than the PDLS+ headlights.

No HUD available for the 992.1, maybe the .2 will offer it?

For me personally a manual 992 is the only option. The PDK might come into play in another 10-12 years when I am in my mid 60s.

Last edited by SCA; Today at 07:01 AM.
Old Today, 10:01 AM   #6114
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
I was the one that recommended that you spec the aluminum pedals. I spec’d them on the T and I currently have them spec’d on the S. I really like the look, but the driver is the only one that notices them when getting in the vehicle. What are your thoughts on the LED Matrix headlights that are watered down in the U.S. thanks to USDOT? I love the way they look, but they perform no differently than the PDLS+ headlights.

No HUD available for the 992.1, maybe the .2 will offer it?

For me personally a manual 992 is the only option. The PDK might come into play in another 10-12 years when I am in my mid 60s.
Re: headlights, i dont notice anything cool/great about the headlamps on the GT3 which was the top end option. For the S, I might we went with 2nd option. No regrets.

To be honest, I’m still driving a 15 year old 987 a lot of the time and those ancient projector lens work great so I feel like spending for the top headlights is way overkill.

Old Today, 10:15 AM   #6115
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Re: headlights, i dont notice anything cool/great about the headlamps on the GT3 which was the top end option. For the S, I might we went with 2nd option. No regrets.

To be honest, I’m still driving a 15 year old 987 a lot of the time and those ancient projector lens work great so I feel like spending for the top headlights is way overkill.
I agree. I never quite warmed up to the look of the headlights I spec’ed on the T. PDLS+
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0636.jpeg
Views:	3
Size:	548.9 KB
ID:	17209  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0635.jpeg
Views:	5
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	17210  
Old Today, 12:15 PM   #6116
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
I agree. I never quite warmed up to the look of the headlights I spec’ed on the T. PDLS+
Dude! Lock in your build. Let’s GO!!!!!!!!!!

The Carrera S is pretty amazing. I’m happy. It’s solid and underrated in a lot of ways that the Carrera T seems oversold to many.

The only thing is that it is so refined now. Very few if any rough edges. But that’s why you keep something like a 997.

Old Today, 01:28 PM   #6117
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Dude! Lock in your build. Let’s GO!!!!!!!!!!

The Carrera S is pretty amazing. I’m happy. It’s solid and underrated in a lot of ways that the Carrera T seems oversold to many.

The only thing is that it is so refined now. Very few if any rough edges. But that’s why you keep something like a 997.
My build does not freeze for another 30+ days.