carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 01-06-2024, 09:22 AM   #41
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
They’re always judging. That’s their job. To some extent. But it’s not superficial. They’re looking for tells.

What I’m alluding to is when a customer comes across a certain way. Let’s say, to get an allocation. But at their heart, turns out they’re really a jerk. And they are disrespectful. And don’t follow through on things.

A dealer will probably give anyone a shot. But with allocations so hard to come by, if you don’t play nice, they can drop you quickly.

Yea I think it’s a less about if you’re a nice person or an asshole, more about if you’re difficult for them to deal with and if you’ll play by their rules. As long as you don’t cause them headaches, they don’t care if you’re evil as long as the money keeps flowing reliably.
Old 01-06-2024, 11:09 AM   #42
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Yea I think it’s a less about if you’re a nice person or an asshole, more about if you’re difficult for them to deal with and if you’ll play by their rules. As long as you don’t cause them headaches, they don’t care if you’re evil as long as the money keeps flowing reliably.

Ha yeah that sounds more accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 01:44 PM   #43
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
True. I’m still very much as asshole. But also true is that we find enough common ground to continue our symbiotic relationship.

Guess that begs the question about how difficult a given person can be, for a business to walk away from their money.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote