carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I stopped by Tesla's new service center in Scottsdale yesterday. Needed them to check the alignment -- the car is veering slightly right when the steering wheel is held straight. The center manager verified on a quick drive and I scheduled an appointment for early Jan.

Interestingly, while driving the car he mentioned that they'll need to replace the drive unit (i.e. the motor...) since mine is making a whine sound that indicates a defect (and I hadn't really noticed it -- I thought it was a normal sound and its not really that loud). Its not urgent -- and he recommended waiting a couple months to do it during the annual service in another ~4k miles. Apparently Tesla is getting ready to put the 3rd gen version of the unit into production that will correct the defect -- so waiting a couple months will make sure I get the newest.

Additionally, the 2nd AZ Supercharger is confirmed under construction in Flagstaff and someone posted pics. Right at the interchange between I-40 and I-17. Based on the pics, it should be complete in the next 2 weeks. Looks like we'll be taking the Tesla to the Grand Canyon in Feb!