carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Keepin' it local

Old 08-09-2005, 05:44 PM   #11
3LOU5
Slacker Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwg
I wondered what happened to you 3LOU5. Good to see you back. Can't believe you left San Diego though. I bet you are remembering it fondly in January.
Thanks rwg.

Yeah, it's like "Where would you rather be in January? Fall River, MA or San Diego, CA?"

Tough choice there.

(Not to hijack, but congratulations on your recent developments. Man, I still remember when you were living the single life).
3LOU5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:25 PM   #12
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LOU5
Thanks rwg.

Yeah, it's like "Where would you rather be in January? Fall River, MA or San Diego, CA?"

Tough choice there.

(Not to hijack, but congratulations on your recent developments. Man, I still remember when you were living the single life).
Aw, come on now... Fall River is a great place!! It's second only to New Bedford.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:04 PM   #13
3LOU5
Slacker Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
Aw, come on now... Fall River is a great place!! It's second only to New Bedford.
Sarafil, I've been meaning to ask you this question, since you are from around the area:

What dealership do you recommend taking my car for warranty work?

I might have to go to one for my Inspection 1 (7k miles to go). So far, I only know of Newport BMW. I believe it's the closest one to me.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:41 PM   #14
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LOU5
Sarafil, I've been meaning to ask you this question, since you are from around the area:

What dealership do you recommend taking my car for warranty work?

I might have to go to one for my Inspection 1 (7k miles to go). So far, I only know of Newport BMW. I believe it's the closest one to me.
I work for a dealer in the area, so I'm clearly going to be biased.

From Fall River, you could service you car with a few different dealers. I'd say that it's almost as close to go to my dealer (Inskip in Warwick, RI) vs. Autocenter/Newport in Middletown. We're right off of I-95, so we're easy to get to. You'll notice if you look around your area that people in Fall River frequent both stores and don't all go to one particular place.

If you wanted to, you could also drive to one of the Gallerys, but they're not any closer.

You're kind of in the middle of alot of dealers, but none are right in your back yard. You can drive 30-50 minutes in just about any direction and find a dealer.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:21 PM   #15
3LOU5
Slacker Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL
I work for a dealer in the area, so I'm clearly going to be biased.

From Fall River, you could service you car with a few different dealers. I'd say that it's almost as close to go to my dealer (Inskip in Warwick, RI) vs. Autocenter/Newport in Middletown. We're right off of I-95, so we're easy to get to. You'll notice if you look around your area that people in Fall River frequent both stores and don't all go to one particular place.

If you wanted to, you could also drive to one of the Gallerys, but they're not any closer.

You're kind of in the middle of alot of dealers, but none are right in your back yard. You can drive 30-50 minutes in just about any direction and find a dealer.
Cool, thanks !

If I DO come by your dealership, I might have to ask you to recommend me a good tech.