carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Technical Superiority

Old 01-24-2010, 04:49 PM   #1
zach
swinging for the fences

Carmudgeonly Ride: 987, X7 M60i, e36 M3
four post lift

My father in law is considering buying a 4 post lift so that he can more easily store 4 snowmobiles (2 will go on top, 2 on the bottom). Does anyone here have any recommendations?

edit: I've been looking at the ones at greg smith equipment.

Last edited by zach; 01-24-2010 at 05:16 PM.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:27 PM   #2
Rob
The user formerly known as rwg

Carmudgeonly Ride: Z4
I did a LOT of research on these at one point, although I decided I didn't have enough roof clearance to make it worthwhile. My basic feeling coming away from the research was "they all claim to be the best, they all cost about the same and they all have great reviews."

Obviously, there are some basement bargain brands to stay away from, but you can usually tell the bad craftsmanship just form a picture. I would find the next Good Guys show that is coming in your area and go buy one there. You will get a couple hundred off the price, free shipping, and they will throw a bunch of accessories in to close the deal. When I was looking into it, all the brands that showed up at the show sold pretty decent equipment and the price was competitive.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
zach
swinging for the fences

Carmudgeonly Ride: 987, X7 M60i, e36 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I did a LOT of research on these at one point, although I decided I didn't have enough roof clearance to make it worthwhile. My basic feeling coming away from the research was "they all claim to be the best, they all cost about the same and they all have great reviews."

Obviously, there are some basement bargain brands to stay away from, but you can usually tell the bad craftsmanship just form a picture. I would find the next Good Guys show that is coming in your area and go buy one there. You will get a couple hundred off the price, free shipping, and they will throw a bunch of accessories in to close the deal. When I was looking into it, all the brands that showed up at the show sold pretty decent equipment and the price was competitive.
Cool, thanks.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Pinecone
Carmudgeon

Basically, most are made by the same company, just different colors.

My lift is from Eagle Equipment. I have been very happy with their level of service in getting the thing in and right. Since then, it has just plain worked.
1995 Alpine E36 M3 LTW
1990 Red/White Spec Racer
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote