carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 06-03-2010, 05:43 AM   #1
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Just had an overload of car eye candy

I'm working at my company's Geneva office for the week. Our office is tucked between the Rolex, Piaget and Patek Phillipe watch factories and within an easy walk of a few choice car dealerships. I just took a stroll to get a break from my jet lag and saw the following. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera on me so no pics, but I doubt any pictures I could snap in a dealership will do the cars justice anyway.

Ferrari FXX (black w/ red stripes) sitting in the Ferrari dealership. It was open for a walk around. Pretty amazing piece of machinery in the flesh. Very well proportioned, the engine and exhaust systems were most impressive. Had a sticker on the back with "Franck Muller, Geneva". I assume that's the guy who spent $2.5million to drive it around the track for Ferrari a few times.

The dealership also had an F40, 12 F430s, a new Maserati Coupe with the carbon fiber bits in a great looking satin white color and 6 or 7 599s (one of which was making high RPM drive bys around the block. The v12 at WOT is quite a sound. It literally makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Sitting outside collecting dust was a 575 super america. The top on that thing was pretty whacky looking.

Pagani Zonda C12 7.3S. Just around the corner from the Ferrari place was an Alfa dealership w/ some sweet additions. The highlight for me was the Zonda, the first one I've ever seen and probably the coolest car I've ever gotten close to. The switchgear, quad exhaust, rear heat shield, carbon fiber wiper housing, delicate little mirrors... everything was so bespoke and striking. The width of the door from the edge of the sill to the seat must have been at least 22" and the bubble cockpit was so small compared to the rest of the car, I couldn't imagine actually getting inside.

The dealership had a Maserati MC-12 as well. That thing is sooo wide it's silly. Towards the back they had an old 250 series Ferrari, but it was pretty tightly packed in and I didn't want to squeeze through the "lesser" Ferraris and Porsche's to check it out. Next to the Maserati was a 993 RSR factory cup racer in Orange over Silver livery and another F40 (listed as 10/1990). They had three 206 or 246 Dinos and a few other things of interest.

Finally, I strolled by the Lamborghini place on the opposite corner of the block. This place was closed, I guess perspective Lamborghini owners don't wake up before 10:30am. I saw my first Muira through the window (this wasn't nearly as pretty in person as it looks in pictures), numerous Murcheilago iterations and a Porshce Carerra GT.

It's a little crazy to think that within a city block and three dealerships there is probably $20million worth of automobile inventory sitting around.

Yesterday I saw my first X1. It's a joke, reminded me very much of the Jeep Compass. Sad, because the 1 hatch is very cool. They're everywhere over here.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3

Last edited by Josh (PA); 06-03-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #2
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I spent some time in Geneva in '95...

My amazing car sightings included seeing a car carrier that had 3 F40s on it going down the highway (technically in France, but only a couple miles short of the Swiss border)