carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 04-23-2019, 03:19 PM   #2141
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Paging AF (might go high due to being Rick Hendrick's)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...vrHHxlMm2tHkjg
Old 04-23-2019, 03:21 PM   #2142
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
That whole car looks pretty beat up.
I does look like it was treated rough, and then the current owners 17 year old kid convinced his dad to let him try to detail the whole car
Old 04-23-2019, 03:30 PM   #2143
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
Paging AF (might go high due to being Rick Hendrick's)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...vrHHxlMm2tHkjg

Thanks for the post, that is 'almost' exactly the car I am looking for, if it were a 2015, 2016 or 2017 it would be perfect ... I gotta buy one that has a warranty though let me research it ... maybe I can buy a warranty for a 2014.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 10:54 PM   #2144
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
My Boxster side wishes I did not see this. If it had a sunroof I might be bidding.

I’d go up to like $42 but I think it will for for more.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-m3-48/
Old 04-26-2019, 08:14 AM   #2145
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I'm curious what this sells for, its pretty much the perfect spec to me if/when I replace the 135 and make the smart choice to avoid an AMV8

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...-boxter-gts-4/
Am I wrong to think $56k wasn't a bad price for this car? I can't get my head around how to value any p-car these days. I would have thought the color, options, etc on this one would have pushed it over $60k
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 08:38 AM   #2146
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Am I wrong to think $56k wasn't a bad price for this car? I can't get my head around how to value any p-car these days. I would have thought the color, options, etc on this one would have pushed it over $60k
That color is beautiful. I love the 981 body as well.

I can't wrap my head around Porsche values either. $56k doesn't seem bad at all from a buyer's perspective, but it also didn't sell at that price, so obviously the seller expected more.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:11 AM   #2147
JST

Keep in mind the 5 percent buyers premium; the high bidder was looking at a total cost of 58,500.

My guess is that the reserve on that car was less than 60, but probably not much less.

For a car that new I think you’re probably better off going the CPO Route, not only because you are getting a longer warranty but also because a lot of those cars are going to come off lease and end up at Porsche stores.

OTOH, my then-three year old Boxster went to a 3rd party lot after a wholesale auction, likely because dealers were scared of trying to sell a blue over blue car. So who knows?

On the other, other hand, searching through Porsche's pre-owned portal finds nothing similar to this car. The closest is a 2015 Boxster S, which is going for 55K. So maybe the seller here expected north of 60?

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...White+17405247
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 09:39 AM   #2148
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
That color is beautiful. I love the 981 body as well.

I can't wrap my head around Porsche values either. $56k doesn't seem bad at all from a buyer's perspective, but it also didn't sell at that price, so obviously the seller expected more.
He/she wants $61k

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-interior.html
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #2149
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
It's not worth it at $61k for porsche style "investment". But to drive and enjoy, there are a lot worse ways to spend $61k.

FWIW, I thought 56k would be a good deal for the buyer, but I guess the seller has that or a bit more offered in trade which is why they are holding out.

Come to think of it, I have a very similar car, it's three years older and I bought it three years ago in May (with 8k miles and clear bra and all that). Mine is not a GTS (no such thing in 2013) but it does have 6MT, PTV, PASM, PSE, 18-way seats, GT Silver, full leather interior and a $91k MSRP. I bought it on the spot for $56k back then with 8k miles. I might have gotten a slight deal and the GTS may be worth more, but "$61k firm" is not realistic.

By the way, the GTS (I test drove a new one) has a sound tube or some other addition to "enhance" sound in the cabin. I personally did not like it boominess. I've seen reports of folks disabling it or stuffing it like they did with a Bose subwoofer. In fact, I don't even like artificial Pop/Bangs too much. The exhaust sounds just fine as it is, sometimes better with PSE on, sometimes better with it off. Three years on, I have no plans to sell it, my mileage accrual dramatically slowed down in the last two years, so I'm just about to cross 20k.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:06 AM   #2150
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
It's not worth it at $61k for porsche style "investment". But to drive and enjoy, there are a lot worse ways to spend $61k.

FWIW, I thought 56k would be a good deal for the buyer, but I guess the seller has that or a bit more offered in trade which is why they are holding out.

Come to think of it, I have a very similar car, it's three years older and I bought it three years ago in May (with 8k miles and clear bra and all that). Mine is not a GTS (no such thing in 2013) but it does have 6MT, PTV, PASM, PSE, 18-way seats, GT Silver, full leather interior and a $91k MSRP. I bought it on the spot for $56k back then with 8k miles. I might have gotten a slight deal and the GTS may be worth more, but "$61k firm" is not realistic.

By the way, the GTS (I test drove a new one) has a sound tube or some other addition to "enhance" sound in the cabin. I personally did not like it boominess. I've seen reports of folks disabling it or stuffing it like they did with a Bose subwoofer. In fact, I don't even like artificial Pop/Bangs too much. The exhaust sounds just fine as it is, sometimes better with PSE on, sometimes better with it off. Three years on, I have no plans to sell it, my mileage accrual dramatically slowed down in the last two years, so I'm just about to cross 20k.
Let me know if you need it taken off your hangs. =)