carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2017, 01:33 PM   #11
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
I don't have room for an f150. My upper street and garage area are very, very tight. The f10 feels like an elephant, I want nothing bigger than a Wrangler or Tacoma. Absolutely.

Good point on the utility trailer. That is much better than a bed for a blower, goes to show how I'm inexperienced with this, I've never used or handled a blower, but I know I need one. That said, bed would help my endless home & garden to do's. Yes, contractors have trucks, but one of the best guys I'm using is local and doesn't have a truck, he works a regular job in the week and is free on the weekends and I end up carrying the materials.

I'm open to a Jeep, very much so. Have never driven one, but I love how they look. Had some concerns on their 2011+ v6 engine having head casting issues and general build quality compared to a Toyota. Also no desire to open this truck up as I already have a convertible. Would like as hard a top as I can get on the Jeep.

I want a manual, I don't need to justify that. I hated my X5 auto. I don't think the tacoma/jeep/??? will fall into the x5 trap as I won't think of it as a failed bmw. At the time I had an e39 and it was the better car. Right now, the f10 is. The taco/jeep/?? will be apples and oranges to a bmw.

Nope on "walking" the snowblower. The stairs through the property are super steep. The "walk" around the block without stairs is nearly 0.5 miles. I can't push a snowblower 0.5 miles through unplowed sidewalks. No go. I don't have much driveway to blow. I have 40ft of sidewalk on each side as well as three garage fronts. Utility trailer it is.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote