carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2019, 07:10 PM   #1
Alan
Carmudgeon

Drove a couple of C7 Corvette's

I haven't found the right exact spec i8 and they seem to come up pretty slowly on the market for what I am looking for so I decided to check out the Corvette, I test drove a 2018 red Convertible with 18k miles and a 2016 black Coupe with 7k miles.

I walked away from both test drives with the same feeling … how the heck do these cars drive exactly like my 2006 C6 coupe … I mean the feeling is so much the same that I was getting flashbacks from when I had my car. Back in 2006 I loved my car but after driving so many different cars since I just can't go back to the same car. It is very weird how if there are improvements with the C7 which I am sure there must be I am not feeling them.

Going from my 997 to 991 it felt like a newer, improved and futuristic car going from my old 5 series to my new one it again feels like a much newer, improved and futuristic car. Going from the C6 to the C7 Corvette felt no different

The new Corvettes are beautiful to look at and if I didn't have 4 previous Corvettes maybe I would feel differently but it just doesn't have that feel, I guess the word might be 'sophisticated feel' that new cars have nowadays.

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote