carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 01-15-2022, 04:26 PM   #11
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Have a couple different thoughts on this:

1. Having something that could give you a different experience than a 911 kinda makes sense. Would you be ok holding onto any of those cars alongside your new GTS (if the used car market were to drop by that point)?

2. Maybe just get a 991.2 GTS....like you said it'll be pretty close to what you've ordered. If you end up loving it maybe you just keep it and cancel the new car order....and if you dont like it maybe you end up just cancelling the new car since it is likely to be quite similar. IF you do end up sticking with the original plan of selling it (or trading it in) when the new car comes in, I'd imagine the "spread" will stay the most consistent depsite what the market does which helps reduce risk.
1. Probably not. It’s too many.

2. I am looking hard at the 991.2s. But I’m 100% sure Porsche is underrating then 992 engines by tons. So mentally I’m fine to wait for that GTS experience.

Have not finalized the build for the GTS. It doesn’t need to be locked in until the allocation opens. Then it gets real. What I need is a good recession so people bail on their places in line.

Come on, Fed. Please overreact.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 07:55 PM   #12
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
1. Probably not. It’s too many.

2. I am looking hard at the 991.2s. But I’m 100% sure Porsche is underrating then 992 engines by tons. So mentally I’m fine to wait for that GTS experience.

Have not finalized the build for the GTS. It doesn’t need to be locked in until the allocation opens. Then it gets real. What I need is a good recession so people bail on their places in line.

Come on, Fed. Please overreact.

Not sure if this is indicative of anything but my local dealer now has 7 992s in stock…for the past year they’ve had 0 anytime I’ve looked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 11:18 AM   #13
Alan
Carmudgeon

I thought you had a manual Boxster already but I cannot keep up with your cars.

In this market I would not limit it to one model, I would look at all 4 choices which are btw great choices until you find the right one. I will say the Cayman is a great choice if you’re limiting yourself to only one for the sole reason you already have a 911 and it would give you something a little different, if you’re looking for something totally different then the M3 is the obvious choice.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 04:44 PM   #14
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I thought you had a manual Boxster already but I cannot keep up with your cars.

In this market I would not limit it to one model, I would look at all 4 choices which are btw great choices until you find the right one. I will say the Cayman is a great choice if you’re limiting yourself to only one for the sole reason you already have a 911 and it would give you something a little different, if you’re looking for something totally different then the M3 is the obvious choice.
987.2S and 991.2 TTS are keepers. And will always stay.

I don’t tend to count the Boxster because it’s fun sometimes but it doesn’t appeal to the caveman in me enough to hold my full interest.

Old 01-17-2022, 11:14 AM   #15
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
987.2S and 991.2 TTS are keepers. And will always stay.

I don’t tend to count the Boxster because it’s fun sometimes but it doesn’t appeal to the caveman in me enough to hold my full interest.

Is your boxster a manual ?

robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 12:30 AM   #16
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Is your boxster a manual ?

Yes.

Old 01-24-2022, 03:22 PM   #17
lemming
Western Anomaly

If I cannot find the right GT3 6speed, I’m leaning toward a manual M3 or manual 991 911 to drive in the short term.