carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 01-12-2022, 09:52 PM   #91
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Georgia is a happening place.
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 08:11 AM   #92
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
One of my good friends has a very early Rivian reservation and is currently contemplating selling it. Apparently they can go for $5-10 grand?
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:26 PM   #93
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
One of my good friends has a very early Rivian reservation and is currently contemplating selling it. Apparently they can go for $5-10 grand?
As a Rivian pre-holder myself I am uncertain as how one will be able to get away with transferring their spot, especially given that you speak with a assigned Rivian Guide via telephone several times prior to finalizing your order. On top of that, the fact that Rivian has your name, phone number, email, delivery address, and billing address from when you signed up and clearly all of that will have changed prior to delivery. If there is a way around it I would love to know as I would consider selling my spot myself as I am scheduled for delivery July through September of this year and that is much sooner than I originally anticipated.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 06:47 PM   #94
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
As a Rivian pre-holder myself I am uncertain as how one will be able to get away with transferring their spot, especially given that you speak with a assigned Rivian Guide via telephone several times prior to finalizing your order. On top of that, the fact that Rivian has your name, phone number, email, delivery address, and billing address from when you signed up and clearly all of that will have changed prior to delivery. If there is a way around it I would love to know as I would consider selling my spot myself as I am scheduled for delivery July through September of this year and that is much sooner than I originally anticipated.
Those of us that had early Model S orders went through similar discussions. I know if a couple people that basically just flipped their early S — but they took delivery before selling it.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:20 PM   #95
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
Those of us that had early Model S orders went through similar discussions. I know if a couple people that basically just flipped their early S — but they took delivery before selling it.
I have thought about proceeding with the purchase/delivery and then flip it. It would only be worth the hassle if the profit was significant. Truthfully I sense that it is probably more trouble than it is worth and that I would be better off to delay my order as I still want the vehicle just at a later time.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:23 PM   #96
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
I have thought about proceeding with the purchase/delivery and then flip it. It would only be worth the hassle if the profit was significant. Truthfully I sense that it is probably more trouble than it is worth and that I would be better off to just delay my order as I still want the vehicle just at a later time.
Yeah - was going to ask what you'd get instead?
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 07:37 PM   #97
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yeah - was going to ask what you'd get instead?
If I walked from the R1T, possibly a LCI G05 X5 since the Rivian was going to replace my ‘17 X5.
Old 01-13-2022, 07:53 PM   #98
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
If I walked from the R1T, possibly a LCI G05 X5 since the Rivian was going to replace my ‘17 X5.
SO GTS, M2, RIVAN???? How many cars do you have deposits on SCA???? =P
Old 01-13-2022, 08:07 PM   #99
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
SO GTS, M2, RIVAN???? How many cars do you have deposits on SCA???? =P
No deposit on a 992 GTS for me… I would gladly take one instead of a M2 if Porsche wants to sell me one for the price of a M2.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:19 PM   #100
SCA
Jaded

After the euphoria, a comedown for Rivian

https://www.autonews.com/automakers-...stock-euphoria