carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 12-22-2021, 12:01 PM   #31
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
I just want to know what the going rate is for the 2019 E450 wagon
I have it listed private party at $65,000
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Vroom offered $59,000

Ottos BMW offered *cough* $52,000 *cough*

We spent a bunch of time yesterday with X3s and X5s and came away with a very clear direction. The X3 felt way cheaper than I remember, the seats were hard, the exhaust pops in sport were dumb and it generally disappointed. The G05 X5 is super nice. The B58 is more than good enough. I've stepped up the wagon selling efforts and we're on the lookout for something like this (copied from the reply email to my sales guy):
2019 - 2020 G05 X5 / b58 engine
under ~30k miles - ability to CPO
Exterior pretty much anything except gold/tan
Interior: strongly prefer one of the browns, would consider Tan/Oyster - do not want Black - no Sensatec
Options - The below would be highly preferred, but basically the more the better
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
Premium Package
Convenience Package

We don't care as much about drivers assist or the m sport package for this car
Would prefer NOT to have 21" wheels.

and @SCA the sales guy I was working with even said "You do NOT want a v8. They all blow up after 80,000 miles." He was a pretty honest guy, my family has been doing business with him for a lot of years. His other comment re the M8 convertible in the show room " you made the total right choice going with the 911. So much prettier and more functional, this thing is huge and kind of a joke"
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3

Last edited by Josh (PA); 12-22-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 01:14 PM   #32
SCA
Jaded

Agree… The interior materials in the X5s have always been a step above the X3. The X5 build quality is better as well. To be expected though, 3 versus 5. Re the hard seats, in my opinion typical BMW and across the entire range. The luxury seat option (comfort seats) is worth its weight in gold. I love mine in my F15 X5. The B58 is more than adequate, you and the wife will be happy with it. Edit: Hopefully your client advisor can locate a 2020 in an attempt to avoid the first year QC issues. FYI, 2020 production began in late August of 2019.

Last edited by SCA; 12-22-2021 at 02:40 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 02:23 PM   #33
SARAFIL
I like BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: X5 M50 / M550
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Agree… The interior materials in the X5s have always been a step above the X3. The X5 build quality is better as well. To be expected though, 3 versus 5. Re the hard seats, in my opinion typical BMW and across the entire range. The luxury seat option is worth its weight in gold. I love mine in my F15 X5. The B58 is more than adequate, you and the wife will be happy with it. Edit: Hopefully your client advisor can locate a 2020 in an attempt to avoid the first year QC issues. FYI, 2020 production began in late August of 2019.

+1. You definitely get a bump up in material quality in a 5+ BMW vs. a 3. Also benefit of a bit more width inside. Comfort seats are my favorite feature though - we don’t have the luxury seating package so ours are just have heating, no massage or ventilation, but still some of my favorite seats and super comfortable. Also loved them on our prior 550. One of the reasons we never warmed up to our most recent F30 340 and had no reservations selling it - the seats weren’t comfortable and so we would pick the X5 over the 3 all the time, even though we liked the feel of a smaller car sometimes.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:29 PM   #34
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
we don’t have the luxury seating package so ours are just have heating, no massage or ventilation, but still some of my favorite seats and super comfortable.
One quick note in regards to the Multi contour seats, agreed they are the best, I had the vented and massage features in my 540, the Massage was cool but without this feature the seat is softer and more comfortable which is why I didn't order it when I got the M550.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 05:24 PM   #35
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
One quick note in regards to the Multi contour seats, agreed they are the best, I had the vented and massage features in my 540, the Massage was cool but without this feature the seat is softer and more comfortable which is why I didn't order it when I got the M550.
Additional note, the BMW ventilated seats are not a/c cooled, they just push cabin air. They also have thinner padding versus the non-ventilated multi-contours. I went back and forth with this when ordering my X5 and ultimately went without the ventilation and glad that I did.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:37 AM   #36
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I have it listed private party at $65,000
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Vroom offered $59,000

Ottos BMW offered *cough* $52,000 *cough*

We spent a bunch of time yesterday with X3s and X5s and came away with a very clear direction. The X3 felt way cheaper than I remember, the seats were hard, the exhaust pops in sport were dumb and it generally disappointed. The G05 X5 is super nice. The B58 is more than good enough. I've stepped up the wagon selling efforts and we're on the lookout for something like this (copied from the reply email to my sales guy):
2019 - 2020 G05 X5 / b58 engine
under ~30k miles - ability to CPO
Exterior pretty much anything except gold/tan
Interior: strongly prefer one of the browns, would consider Tan/Oyster - do not want Black - no Sensatec
Options - The below would be highly preferred, but basically the more the better
Luxury Seating Package
Executive Package
Premium Package
Convenience Package

We don't care as much about drivers assist or the m sport package for this car
Would prefer NOT to have 21" wheels.

and @SCA the sales guy I was working with even said "You do NOT want a v8. They all blow up after 80,000 miles." He was a pretty honest guy, my family has been doing business with him for a lot of years. His other comment re the M8 convertible in the show room " you made the total right choice going with the 911. So much prettier and more functional, this thing is huge and kind of a joke"

That is disappointing to hear about the X3 seats. I had similar feelings about our old X3 (previous gen), but thought they had made improvements w/ the current gen. The only 3 series seats I've ever liked were those in the e90...they were supportive without feeling overly firm.

Sounds like you got a great salesguy....love his no BS attitude. Agree w/ him on the M8 in general...dont really understand the point.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 11:48 PM   #37
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA)
@SCA the sales guy I was working with even said "You do NOT want a v8. They all blow up after 80,000 miles." He was a pretty honest guy, my family has been doing business with him for a lot of years. His other comment re the M8 convertible in the show room " you made the total right choice going with the 911. So much prettier and more functional, this thing is huge and kind of a joke"
No clue how I missed this until now Nevertheless, one must appreciate his honestly.