Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 01-23-2008, 08:56 PM   #21
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
Umm, they probably have that.
Actually, I checked and they have a Cobalt Blue '06 Cayman S with 4K miles and CPO for an asking price of ~$45K. ...tempting

They also have an '05 987S with 9K miles and CPO for $42K.

...hmmmm

If this time next year I can get an '07 987S for close to $40 I would pull the trigger.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:18 PM   #22
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Actually, I checked and they have a Cobalt Blue '06 Cayman S with 4K miles and CPO for an asking price of ~$45K. ...tempting

They also have an '05 987S with 9K miles and CPO for $42K.

...hmmmm

If this time next year I can get an '07 987S for close to $40 I would pull the trigger.
Umm, that 45k sounds too good to be true. Something is wrong with that number (or car).

Why would an 07 be less this time next year than an 06 is now? They are going to be the same give or take. If you're thinking the economy might get worse, perhaps.. But there is plenty of negative sentiment priced in these days.
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:23 PM   #23
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Umm, that 45k sounds too good to be true. Something is wrong with that number (or car).

Why would an 07 be less this time next year than an 06 is now? They are going to be the same give or take. If you're thinking the economy might get worse, perhaps.. But there is plenty of negative sentiment priced in these days.
I know. Lemming and I saw an '06 Cobalt Blue Cayman S demo car for sale back in the summer for 10 or 11K off. I assume it's the same car and they are now desperate to get rid of it. It is the dead of winter right after the holidays in the midst of brutal economic news.

But the car I saw I believe had an MSRP of near 70K, which i swhy I didn't think much of the 11K off on an already year old car. Cobalt blue paint at the time was a $3K option.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #24
equ
Alphanumeric

Carmudgeonly Ride: 981S, 340i
Demo takes a bit off the price, but it still sounds too low..
equ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #25
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
wow low 40's for an 05 987s is tempting. I may have to do some searches when I get home.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #26
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Quote:
A bit of confusion... The porsche & honda seats that do NOT have gee-whiz extra adjustability are comfortable. I was describing the cayman base seat to FC.
Oops, sorry, I mixed that up.

You really don't get to know a car very well till you drive it about a thousand miles or so - it's kind of a crap shoot.

For me, the Outback was like that. We test drove it, we both liked it. The seats were deceptively comfortable - it was fun to drive, had communicative steering, nice brakes, good handling (considering, of course).

But the damned seats; while fine for short trips, cause me to squirm around in search of a comfortable position, especially for my right foot, which I have to keep suspended because the throttle's so damned light (in my BMW, I can rest my foot on the pedal).

Add to that a lack of a telescoping wheel and I just can never get the arms to steering wheel - legs to pedal thing just right.

I'm surprised you're having this type of issue with a BMW, however, you just don't know till you've been behind the wheel for awhile.
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote