carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2019, 10:47 AM   #1
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Boxster advice

So, I hardly drove the Boxster last year. I have been driving it to work on nice days, but other than that it's really not seeing much use. So I'm fairly committed to selling it at this point.

So, um. How? Where do I list it? I put one car on Craigslist and regretted that decision. I listed my last Boxster on Autotrader and I got more spam e-mails by far than I did legitimate buyers. But it did eventually sell.

Someone recommended I join the PCA and list it there. I've gotten suggestions about planet-9 and rennlist. I'm honestly thinking of taking it to CarMax to see what (certainly lowball) offer they'll give me.

Thoughts? It's an excellent car, and I really love it, but I just haven't been that into having a convertible around, and I'd rather just put the money into investments and drive the Mazdaspeed into the ground at this point. It seems silly to keep paying registration and insurance for it to depreciate in my garage.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote