carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 02-06-2021, 10:41 AM   #1831
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Funny. There is a guy on my Nextdoor listserve who apologized to the whole neighborhood for how loud his Dodge Charger is. Apparently someone had slipped a note under his door...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
I should apologize for how loud the BMW is and also how loud the Tesla isn’t.

Actually, one of my neighbors has a Lexus GX470 and that thing is ridiculously loud on start up—not the exhaust, but I think the cooling fan? It sounds like a turbofan engine.
A kid (mid 20s?) a few houses up the street has a Scat Pack Charger. I think he has an exhaust on it that's louder than stock (and stock wasn't quiet). He gets on it in the neighborhood, which I don't like, but I've never had an issue with the sound. It's more pleasant than the variety of older 1/2 ton and 3/4 trucks that live or work in the neighborhood. Also more pleasant than the RSX with a fart pipe that "warms up" for 10 minutes before leaving the garage several times a day a few houses down.

JST, you don't need to apologize as you're well balanced.

edit- The Camaro forum is peppered with threads with titles like "My neighbors are angry" "Someone left a note" "What can I do to quiet down startup?"

My favorite is still my wife asking me "Is it always going to sound a like a helicopter landing when you get home?" right after I got the car.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 08:22 AM   #1832
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Well, if you zoom in and look in the background right over the hood vent, you can see a for sale sign that went up about a week ago.

I don't get on it in the neighborhood. It would be unsafe and probably unenjoyable. I might quickly apply some gas just so I can get off the gas when I pass neighbors that annoy me just so it will pop, crack, and gurgle in specific spots.
Quote:
Funny. There is a guy on my Nextdoor listserve who apologized to the whole neighborhood for how loud his Dodge Charger is. Apparently someone had slipped a note under his door...

The house across and up the street from me is a rental home. The new tenants are OK, but the dude has this Toyota Tundra pickup truck that (IMHO) needs to go. It is a first generation Tundra, all there but the whole truck is primer grey. It has no muffler, just a straight pipe . . .and he leaves for work at 6:00 AM every day.

His wife has a nice, new white 5 series BMW. I don't know what number, she always parks it in the driveway with just the nose showing, and I can no longer identify (or care) what it is by the nose. She probably works up at BMW. They also have a fairly new Toyota Sienna.

I's rather wake up from my alarm at 6:30 than from that fuckin truck at 6
Old 02-07-2021, 11:43 AM   #1833
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post

edit- The Camaro forum is peppered with threads with titles like "My neighbors are angry" "Someone left a note" "What can I do to quiet down startup?"
I would need to know who left a note at my door, it would drive me crazy not knowing ... this is probably why I have 16 Security Camera's monitoring my house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
he leaves for work at 6:00 AM every day.
This reminds me of when my wife & I first got married we lived on a second floor of a house (apartment) and our bedroom window was right next to the driveway of the next door neighbor who would start his 80's Mustang (which must have had an aftermarket exhaust) every morning which was loud as shit ... he would start it and leave it running for 20-30 minutes and it always woke us up ...
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:55 AM   #1834
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
great shot

Looks great!
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:43 PM   #1835
Alan
Carmudgeon

Just picked up the M550 yesterday, wow this car is amazing !!! The power and sound of the 8 cylinder is intoxicating and this is when starting it up from the outside and just listening to the growl plus the technology between the 4 wheel steering, the new idrive system, the beautiful interior, all I can say is I am very happy with this new purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2021, 09:21 PM   #1836
clyde
Chief title editor

Enjoy!

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:28 PM   #1837
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Congrats on the new ride
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:03 AM   #1838
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Nice Alan,
Post a couple interior pics. what version of I-drive does it have?
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:24 AM   #1839
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Nice Alan,
Post a couple interior pics. what version of I-drive does it have?
Thanks guys ...

It has the newest idrive version, not sure the number but it is definitely improved from the 2019 edition I had.

I did post an interior picture but it was too big, I am going to try again later, strange how tapatalk doesn't let you post more than one picture in the same post.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:24 AM   #1840
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Congratulations! It’s the anti-electric choice!
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote