carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 09-28-2020, 04:52 PM   #1441
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Just had a tour of the ex’s Model Y. Wow. Body panel alignment hell. Assembly is kind of a mess. I hope that’s not the norm, but even a Mazda CX-5 puts it to shame. I’m sure it excels in other areas, but that’s kind of shameful.

I wonder how much correction they can do after the fact...
That sucks. I'm just not sure how much they care about improving build quality. It's been a thing for years now, and they're much more mature (and very well funded) company. The market has rewarded them despite this, so I'm not hopeful that they have a real motivation to improve.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #1442
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
That sucks. I'm just not sure how much they care about improving build quality. It's been a thing for years now, and they're much more mature (and very well funded) company. The market has rewarded them despite this, so I'm not hopeful that they have a real motivation to improve.
Agree. And they’ve set even higher production goals for themselves going forward. That doesn’t bode well for better assembly results.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:26 PM   #1443
Alan
Carmudgeon

So I test drove a Tesla 3, they basically give you the car and ask you to come back in 30 minutes, I ended up driving it around for 40 minutes because I went home with it so my daughter could drive it, she is a big Tesla fan ... I am not familiar with these cars but they told me it was the middle model with AWD and Long Range, also it said Dual motor on the back ... all I can say is OMG this thing is fast ... it is so addicting hitting that pedal feeling the instant power and hearing only wind noise ...

It is a really cool car, it also feels really sporty. The things shown on the iPad screen are pretty cool like the animations of the other cars around you, the animations of the stop lights, signs, etc.

Overall it was a really fun car.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:14 PM   #1444
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Glad you liked it. Sounds like you tested a Dual Motor Long Range, which is what I have...

Last edited by ZBB; 11-03-2020 at 08:32 PM.
ZBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:23 PM   #1445
wdc330i
dogged

That power delivery is intoxicating.
Old 11-04-2020, 05:38 PM   #1446
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
Glad you liked it. Sounds like you tested a Dual Motor Long Range, which is what I have...
Loved it, such a fun car and so cool to drive something different ....

Is there any adjustments for the Hvac vents as far as aiming the air vent, I didn’t see one .. I usually aim the AC towards my face because it cools me off.

Also do you leave the brake regeneration in the standard or reduced mode, the standard is pretty aggressive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
That power delivery is intoxicating.
It is !!! I just can’t get over the feel of hitting the accelerator (can’t call it a gas pedal in this car )
Old 11-04-2020, 05:51 PM   #1447
ZBB
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Loved it, such a fun car and so cool to drive something different ....

Is there any adjustments for the Hvac vents as far as aiming the air vent, I didn’t see one .. I usually aim the AC towards my face because it cools me off.

Also do you leave the brake regeneration in the standard or reduced mode, the standard is pretty aggressive.

It is !!! I just can’t get over the feel of hitting the accelerator (can’t call it a gas pedal in this car )
The vent adjustments are in the screen. Tap the fan icon to bring up the controls. The settings are good - and you can either have one stream of air, or split it (which is what I do -2 streams pointing to my shoulders... to split it, you do sort of a pinch gesture (like zooming out of a photo)...

I have regen on standard. Really feels like a down shift when you lift off the go pedal. I also have it set to regen to a stop, so braking is mostly not needed ...
Old 11-04-2020, 06:39 PM   #1448
Alan
Carmudgeon

Got it, thanks for the Details, very interesting how everything is through the screen ...

What Tesla forum do you recommend ?
Old 11-04-2020, 07:38 PM   #1449
ZBB
Relic

Quote:
Got it, thanks for the Details, very interesting how everything is through the screen ...

What Tesla forum do you recommend ?
TMC.. TeslaMotorsClub.com

Although I don’t visit it much these days (it’s just too big)
Old 11-04-2020, 08:35 PM   #1450
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
I know. It just kind of haunts you...You need to get one.