carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #12
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I think the Grapnite exterior would look really good with the Cognac interior, whatever you do don’t get silver my brother has it on his X3 M40 and it doesn’t do anything for the car.
Good to know. I've never had a silver BMW, so I was thinking a bit about that--given how hot it gets down here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Note on seat ventilation - it makes the seats VERY hard. I'd skip it based on my couple days with it on the X3 loaner I had. The ventilation wasn't very effective and the change in seat comfort vs normal BMW sports seats was unacceptable.

I do like the blue on the x3. Much darker than estoril and fits the car well. I also like the graphite. Carbon is pretty but takes a lot of work to keep looking nice. I don't imagine you're going to want to spend time detailing an x3 in carbon to keep it looking as nice as it can.
I've read that about the seats. Thank you! And totally agree on Carbon. Phytonic is a good bit darker in person than Estoril, but not as dark as navy. What was the E46 dark blue called? I forget now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
I think graphite & cognac would be a nice color combo. I just poked through some listings on autotrader couldn’t find one in that combo but I’ve seen the dark grey w/ medium brown many times over the years and it always looked great.
Gracias! I am leaning to that combo.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote