carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 05-16-2017, 11:46 AM   #11
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
wd I assume you read through the 2018 update as well?

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=978549

The wireless phone charging is pretty cool. Does anyone know or assume the new iPhone (10?) will use the same tech as other current companies as far as wireless charging goes. You would think that would need to be standardized across the board.
I have wireless charging capability in my car, but don't have the special case for it. I can't see having to use their big clunky case just to charge my phone, when I can use any case I want and charge it via the USB. http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/52...-CHARGING-CASE

The 2018 updates are pretty insignificant to me.
1. I don't need LED lights, especially when the Xenons rate higher for throwing distance. And I don't think the new taillight design is substantially better.
2. Maybe touchscreen capability for Nav. would be good--but the screen is up pretty high in the dash to be comfortable doing that. And I hate fingerprint smudges on screens.
3. I don't care about digital dash displays.
4. Redesigned dash is also somewhat homelier.
5. New colors for exterior and interior are also somewhat of a yawn.

Now, I would have been cranky if there were substantial exterior changes (like when the E9X lost their tacky metallic mustache) or performance upgrades. But there's nothing in the 2018s to cause me a moment's buyer's remorse.

It turns out I was extremely fortunate to find my car on the lot and buy it in February--just before top-down season here. The fire in the factory where the convertible boot covers are made caused delays for orders that won't be worked out until June at the earliest.

Some people have been waiting for their convertible 2 series orders since last year and they're facing the prospect of not getting them until the next model year is just around the corner.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #12
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
That's great and you have been enjoying yours already!!

BTW who is the current BMW release editor.

I think they screwed up the last part referring to the xDrive M240i performance specs

BMW M240i: BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology.

The BMW M240i is powered by a 3.0-liter 6-cylinder inline engine complete with direct injection, M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology with twin-scroll turbocharging, fully variable valve lift (VALVETRONIC) and Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing. This unit generates output of 335 hp and maximum torque of 369 lb-ft, which can be summoned from as low as 1,520 rpm and remains on tap up to 4,500 rpm.

It all adds up to make the BMW M240i Coupe a thoroughbred athlete with exceptional performance capabilities: with the 6-speed manual transmission, the coupe sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 4.6 seconds, while top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph.

The standard 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission heightens the dynamic driving experience, enabling the BMW M240i Coupe to reach the 60 mph mark from rest in just 4.4 seconds.

Performance is even more eye-catching in the BMW M240i xDrive Coupe thanks to its intelligent all-wheel drive. Equipped with the 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission as standard, it surges from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.2 seconds, while the xDrive model completes the sprint in 4.4 seconds.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #13
wdc330i
dogged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
That's great and you have been enjoying yours already!!

BTW who is the current BMW release editor.

I think they screwed up the last part referring to the xDrive M240i performance specs

BMW M240i: BMW M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology.

The BMW M240i is powered by a 3.0-liter 6-cylinder inline engine complete with direct injection, M Performance TwinPower Turbo technology with twin-scroll turbocharging, fully variable valve lift (VALVETRONIC) and Double-VANOS variable camshaft timing. This unit generates output of 335 hp and maximum torque of 369 lb-ft, which can be summoned from as low as 1,520 rpm and remains on tap up to 4,500 rpm.

It all adds up to make the BMW M240i Coupe a thoroughbred athlete with exceptional performance capabilities: with the 6-speed manual transmission, the coupe sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 4.6 seconds, while top speed is electronically limited to 155 mph.

The standard 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission heightens the dynamic driving experience, enabling the BMW M240i Coupe to reach the 60 mph mark from rest in just 4.4 seconds.

Performance is even more eye-catching in the BMW M240i xDrive Coupe thanks to its intelligent all-wheel drive. Equipped with the 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission as standard, it surges from 0 to 60 mph in just 4.2 seconds, while the xDrive model completes the sprint in 4.4 seconds.
Good catch. That's kind of a mess. I guess they meant sDrive.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:08 PM   #14
wdc330i
dogged

Looks like the iPhone 8 may have built-in wireless charging capability. http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/...eless-charging

But I have no intention of uograding from my 6s anytime soon.