carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 05-25-2020, 12:01 PM   #1
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
That makes good sense. I am driving only once or twice a week these days. And half of that is just due to shared custody arrangements.

BTW, have you driven a Q3? I am still dithering about a more practical car. Driving my dogs around in the convertible is not ideal. Reviews I’ve read give the edge to the X1. I didn’t love the X1 when I drove it, but it would probably be OK if I can keep the 2. Another factor is, I have an Audi dealer very close to where I live, whereas the BMW dealers are now 10-20 miles away...The Audi dealer near me has several Allroads on the lot (and the pricey A6 wagon), but they are substantially more than the Q3...
I have not driven the new Q3 yet but my salesperson said it is great, the technology is ahead of the Q5 being it is a newer model.

She even tried to talk me into getting it instead of the Q5 for that reason ... you can't go wrong with an Audi, they are great vehicles.

I don't know if you remember but we have the Q7 too, it really is a great SUV though probably too big for you.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I have not driven the new Q3 yet but my salesperson said it is great, the technology is ahead of the Q5 being it is a newer model.

She even tried to talk me into getting it instead of the Q5 for that reason ... you can't go wrong with an Audi, they are great vehicles.

I don't know if you remember but we have the Q7 too, it really is a great SUV though probably too big for you.
Good to hear about the Audis. A Q7 would be way too big. I have a rather smallish garage and a short driveway. I just need the practicality of four doors, plus a hatch (dog transport)--and a solid roof that could carry a roof box. Could even maybe get by with the 340 GT, if I could find a good used one.

Apparently the X1 has as much room as an X3, because it's FWD...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:45 AM   #3
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Apparently the Spartanburg plant opened in early May. I wonder if the Germany plants are still closed...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote