carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 01-31-2020, 10:51 AM   #631
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
You'd be amazed how many 2*4s you can fit in the back seat with the top down. You should try it in your 2er sometime
Top down IS a secret weapon--although not so much for hauling extra teenage boys...
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:45 AM   #632
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
That was my first impression as well. Place looked sketchy, but the reviews on all the sites are pretty positive. I requested more pics and a Carfax before I entertain it any further. It has all the right options for me and the higher miles for 911s seems to be the only thing that impacts depreciation on these cars.

I also have issues with Great Neck in general, (stop and frisk, for no reason explained to me in 1980) but those are my issues
Old 01-31-2020, 12:35 PM   #633
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
You like that smurf blue Josh?
Old 01-31-2020, 12:51 PM   #634
dan
redefined

that doesn't look anything like smurf blue on my monitor
Old 01-31-2020, 12:58 PM   #635
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
that doesn't look anything like smurf blue on my monitor
Yeah, it's Sapphire Blue, which is the spiritual successor to Cobalt. It's not at all smurf-like.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 01:16 PM   #636
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Yeah, it's Sapphire Blue, which is the spiritual successor to Cobalt. It's not at all smurf-like.
Those are good blues.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:03 PM   #637
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
My thoughts are more about the "dealer" than the car. If you are asking 80K for an auto, maybe some pictures would be nice.

Just looking at their building, I'd check carfax quickly
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
I also have issues with Great Neck in general, (stop and frisk, for no reason explained to me in 1980) but those are my issues
Great Neck is one of the wealthiest areas in Long Island ... while that dealer is about a 1/2 hour from my office I can take a look at the car if Josh wants me to next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Just let me know.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 06:34 PM   #638
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Great Neck is one of the wealthiest areas in Long Island ... while that dealer is about a 1/2 hour from my office I can take a look at the car if Josh wants me to next week, probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Just let me know.
Sapphire is a nice blue. It's not my favorite color (I think that is Chalk right now), but I like it. If I was ranking colors today: Chalk, Midnight Blue, White, Agate, Sapphire, Black, Silver. Interior I would love to find an Espresso / Cognac one, followed by all Espresso, Black/Beige, Agate Gray, All Beige, Black, Chalk. Options wise, it must be a true manual. I require premium package plus, I require 14 way or 18 way seats, I would really like the heated multi-function wheel, I have a slight preference towards Porsche Sport Exhaust and Sport Chronos. The S cars have some really interesting sport options like rear axle steer and torque vectoring, but in reality I don't think I would miss them if I never tried them.

Hey Alan, If it isn't out of your way, i would be really interested in hearing your thoughts on the particular car as well a comparison to your .1 vs the .2

I'm not sure I'm ready to go, but if the review comes in really clean we might do something. So please don't go out of your way if it impacts your time, but if you want to check it out, I'd be very interested in your feedback.

Thanks for all the info and support you've provided on my search so far. You're awesome.
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3

Last edited by Josh (PA); 01-31-2020 at 07:10 PM.
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:30 PM   #639
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Sapphire is a nice blue. It's not my favorite color (I think that is Chalk right now), but I like it. If I was ranking colors today: Chalk, Midnight Blue, White, Agate, Sapphire, Black, Silver. Interior I would love to find an Espresso / Cognac one, followed by all Espresso, Black/Beige, Agate Gray, All Beige, Black, Chalk. Options wise, it must be a true manual. I require premium package plus, I require 14 way or 18 way seats, I would really like the heated multi-function wheel, I have a slight preference towards Porsche Sport Exhaust and Sport Chronos. The S cars have some really interesting sport options like rear axle steer and torque vectoring, but in reality I don't think I would miss them if I never tried them.
Chalk is a favorite of mine as well. Those sound like the right options.

Last edited by wdc330i; 02-01-2020 at 11:08 AM.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:50 AM   #640
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:

Hey Alan, If it isn't out of your way, i would be really interested in hearing your thoughts on the particular car as well a comparison to your .1 vs the .2

I'm not sure I'm ready to go, but if the review comes in really clean we might do something. So please don't go out of your way if it impacts your time, but if you want to check it out, I'd be very interested in your feedback.

Thanks for all the info and support you've provided on my search so far. You're awesome.
I can go either Tuesday or Wednesday and I will look the car over, have you contacted anyone from the dealership ?

I can also take some pictures and some video, if you have an iPhone I can FaceTime you if you want ... you can PM me your number.

If you want to know what I think of the 991.2 here is a link to when I test drove one.

http://forums.carmudgeons.com/showthread.php?t=139753

I will add to my impressions now that I am living with the updated PCM it really is much better then the one in my 991.1 ...it really is a very good system plus the rear camera I find very good. Unfortunately the rear camera wasn’t offered when I got my car.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote