carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 08-30-2022, 05:53 PM   #311
SCA
Jaded

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I have been stressed out for a week and a half. In my book it is all over… I hope! I have even notified Rivian to transfer ownership within their system and provided them with a copy of the bill of sale per their request. I canceled the insurance for it. I am done!

Last edited by SCA; 08-30-2022 at 06:21 PM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:01 AM   #312
SCA
Jaded

It was just a matter of time as it was bound to happen. I had heard of a few of these happening on the Rivian forums when mine was still sitting in the driveway. At that time Rivian was stating it only affected a low amount of early production vehicles.

Rivian Recalls Nearly All of Its Vehicles Due to Loose Fasteners: https://stocks.apple.com/A2bsrQ20AQaGnpOq5uOZ2Og

Rivian is so disorganized that they still think I own the vehicle even though I am informed my former Guide with all the necessary information she requested to switch it all over to the new owner on the very day he flew in to take delivery. I am still receiving emails and text regarding “My R1T.” I actually received an email Thursday from my “New Guide.” It is almost like nobody communicates with anyone else within the company because they really have no idea what’s going on. Nothing has changed… and it comes across as mismanaged, aka a shit show.

If I had to guess the three service tickets that I had opened and had yet to be resolved are probably still pending. They had already been open for eight weeks when I sold it.

BTW, I get asked often by various neighbors, friends, and family if I miss mine and the first reply is a big “No…” followed by, “Not at all…”

Last edited by SCA; 10-08-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 06:57 PM   #313
nate
Oh, are they?

Carmudgeonly Ride: S4
Spotted and R1S in the wild for the first time. It’s a nice looking SUV.

Old 10-20-2022, 09:25 PM   #314
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Spotted and R1S in the wild for the first time. It’s a nice looking SUV.
I’m seeing R1Ts regularly now…. And I configured a R1S — but have not put a deposit down. Yet
Old 10-21-2022, 05:22 PM   #315
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Just had an interview with Rivian. Did not go that long since I told the recruiter I am not moving to the bay area but then the interviewer said I had to work up there
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:40 PM   #316
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
Just had an interview with Rivian. Did not go that long since I told the recruiter I am not moving to the bay area but then the interviewer said I had to work up there
Come on up! =)
Old 01-19-2023, 09:26 AM   #317
SCA
Jaded

Morons…
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DA41FA2B-CA6D-4EF2-A4D2-38EAC3AA456F.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	511.5 KB
ID:	15572  
Old 01-19-2023, 08:46 PM   #318
Terri Kennedy
There and back again

Carmudgeonly Ride: 2003 BMW 325xiT; looking for a new fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Morons…
Someone I knew quite a few years ago had a phone number similar to Hilton Hotels' 800 main reservation number. They (Hilton) mis-printed their phone number repeatedly, resulting in expensive (this was quite a while ago) nuisance calls to my acquaintance.

He tried many, many times to contact Hilton and get them to fix it and they either promised to fix it or ignored him. Finally he gave up and starting taking bogus reservations, including things like "Would you like a free upgrade to a two-bedroom suite?" After enough people started showing up at random Hilton hotels and demanding suites, Hilton fixed their wrong number problem.

I wonder if there's any way to do an equivalent stunt with Rivian?
Terri Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 08:54 PM   #319
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri Kennedy View Post
Someone I knew quite a few years ago had a phone number similar to Hilton Hotels' 800 main reservation number. They (Hilton) mis-printed their phone number repeatedly, resulting in expensive (this was quite a while ago) nuisance calls to my acquaintance.

He tried many, many times to contact Hilton and get them to fix it and they either promised to fix it or ignored him. Finally he gave up and starting taking bogus reservations, including things like "Would you like a free upgrade to a two-bedroom suite?" After enough people started showing up at random Hilton hotels and demanding suites, Hilton fixed their wrong number problem.

I wonder if there's any way to do an equivalent stunt with Rivian?
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 01:55 PM   #320
robg
Carmudgeon

I guess it's not surprising. Starting a new car company is a pretty daunting task and inevitably the ball is going to get dropped at various points. (Even with legacy brands you can encounter uneven service and communication issues). I've started to see a few R1S in the wild and really like the way they look (other than the headlight treatment) Personally though, I don't have the risk tolerance to plunk down that much money with an unproven company producing a brand new vehicle. Heck, I wouldn't even buy a first year model from a legacy car company. And the days of being able to buy a new car and flip it a few months later are gone.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote