carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 09:37 PM   #1
SCA
Carmudgeon
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,886
Fire Sale...

Over the past 3 weeks I have sold the 4Runner (waiting to deliver it) & the BMW R1100S. The E90 is under serious consideration at the right price. I am over owning belongings that are rarely used, with exception of the 4R. I have something in the works, a new auto purchase, but it goes against the 'code' of a mudgeon.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:07 AM   #2
SARAFIL
I like BMWs
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '16 BMW 550i xDrive
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,067
Woah... hopefully you're not selling for fire sale prices!! Can't say I blame you though. As I've gotten older, I've put less value on the concept of a "garage queen" and just want something I can drive regularly. Let us know what you end up with, now I'm curious!
__________________
2016 550i xDrive Sedan -- Alpine White / Mocha Nappa Leather
SARAFIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:25 AM   #3
lemming
Eastern Promises
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: Blue Pig
Posts: 13,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAFIL View Post
Woah... hopefully you're not selling for fire sale prices!! Can't say I blame you though. As I've gotten older, I've put less value on the concept of a "garage queen" and just want something I can drive regularly. Let us know what you end up with, now I'm curious!
*yes*

a garage queen just undergoes dry rot and then what you get are engines that eat oil.
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
kognito
older fart than ZBB
 
kognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On the road again
Posts: 6,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
I have something in the works, a new auto purchase, but it goes against the 'code' of a mudgeon.

What color Camry are you looking at?
__________________
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE
2016 Focus SE
kognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:51 AM   #5
JST
195
 
JST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 19,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
What color Camry are you looking at?
Camrys (Camries?) do not come in colors. There is only one color of Camry, and it is camrysilverbeige.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
ZBB
Relic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Location: The Valley of the Sun
Posts: 11,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Camrys (Camries?) do not come in colors. There is only one color of Camry, and it is camrysilverbeige.
And it really is an interesting color. On some it appears nearly silver. On others, nearly white, and on others beige. But once on a particular Camry, the color doesn't change unless you happen to induce a camrycorner, and then its only a partial color change...
__________________
ZBB
ZBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Josh (PA)
Hello.
 
Josh (PA)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Carmudgeonly Ride: '03 325xiT, '11 135i C, '13 X5 n55
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBB View Post
And it really is an interesting color. On some it appears nearly silver. On others, nearly white, and on others beige. But once on a particular Camry, the color doesn't change unless you happen to induce a camrycorner, and then its only a partial color change...
I was following a camry last night and noted it had a corner free bumper. Then I noticed the bumper was shiny and a darker shade of camrysilverbeige suggesting the driver had made their initial allotment of camry corners and was resetting for more.

SCA, are you really getting a camry???
__________________
Josh (PA) -
'11 135i convertible
'13 X5 n55
'03 325 wagon
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #8
kognito
older fart than ZBB
 
kognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: On the road again
Posts: 6,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post

SCA, are you really getting a camry???
that was my rumor, not SCA's
__________________
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE
2016 Focus SE
kognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #9
Josh (PA)
Hello.
 
Josh (PA)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Carmudgeonly Ride: '03 325xiT, '11 135i C, '13 X5 n55
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 3,015
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
that was my rumor, not SCA's
I know, but the initial post has strong hints in that general direction.
__________________
Josh (PA) -
'11 135i convertible
'13 X5 n55
'03 325 wagon
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
SCA
Carmudgeon
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 4,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
SCA, are you really getting a camry???
Not only no, but HELL NO!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
I know, but the initial post has strong hints in that general direction.
SUV and Auto...
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC