carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-12-2023, 02:57 PM   #39
robg
Carmudgeon

Porsche GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
I’d totally buy a Taycan or a Macan EV.

Two reasons: I loathe Elon Musk as many of us do. Second, I trust the fit and finish of Porsche/Audi and their engineering.
Same feelings on Musk/Tesla. I have to admit that I walked by a red Model 3 this morning and was kind of tempted given how cheap they are these days...but...no.

I seem to have an almost irrational desire for a Taycan wagon. I just love the way they look plus the sublime ride quality I've experienced on test drives. Probably not the best choice given the large external size and tight interior room...but I just seem to keep coming back to the idea. Macan EV will probably be better choice but not sure when we'll finally see those...

I did setup an update on Porsche's "Finder" website to email me everytime a new CPO taycan comes up with the options/pricing I want. Weirdly, relatively few of them are equipped with adaptive cruise control. Not sure who buys 100k+ luxury EVs without checking that box...but I guess I'm not a true hardcore Porsche EV driver who demands complete control of their precision driving machine in stop and go traffic. Plus that all important 1/2 pound weight savings helps to improve handling

Last edited by robg; 07-12-2023 at 03:08 PM.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote