carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 08-11-2022, 08:16 PM   #561
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Someone always takes that position...But I would have a hard time going for it, knowing the buttery B58 version is out there.

Now, used would be another matter somehow.

Matt Farrah is considered a rather creditable source though.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:42 PM   #562
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Matt Farrah is considered a rather creditable source though.
He rubs me the wrong way. I said before I like:

Savagegeese - Technical (Even though Mark can be a PITA sometimes)
CARWOW - Fun silly drag races
Throttle House - Honest reviews not TO tech and not TO silly

I recently have been enjoying reviews by Rory for AutoTrader also.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:26 AM   #563
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post

Yeah I actually don’t mind matt in the reviews - he sometimes rubs me the wrong way in his podcast. For some reason, I get more irritated listening to Mark’s reviews even though he does a good job of going in depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:59 PM   #564
SCA
Jaded

Quote:

I am not a fan myself, but his opinion appears to be respected by most. I like Savagegeese and Throttle House.

I have been listening to a lot of the Spike’s Car Radio episodes lately, especially the ones with Seinfeld and/or Jonny Lieberman on.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 05:07 PM   #565
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Thanks for the Paint Guage 101 class Sean.

I'll still keep an open mind until I find out what the whole enchilada will be discounted, but I understand for sure why you recommend reordering.

I guess it also depends upon how long you plan to retain the car as the hit will lessen the longer you keep the car, using natural depreciation tables. Right now, I plan to keep it until the last G42/G87 model year which I presume would be 2028.

And the PCD recommendation is also a solid one. Thanks for bringing that up. Once bitten, twice shy for sure. That does add between 4- 6 weeks ballpark average normally to the pickup right? if so, we would probably be looking at December - January delivery date.
Hey Mike. I saw you elude to the fact you have your G42 on the G87 thread about the October realest date. Did you decide to keep it? If so impressions???!
Old 08-16-2022, 06:36 PM   #566
IndyMike
Elected by grace

Carmudgeonly Ride: 11 1 M; 11 328iT; 22 M240ix
Quote:
Hey Mike. I saw you elude to the fact you have your G42 on the G87 thread about the October realest date. Did you decide to keep it? If so impressions???!
Theo, turns out they were able PDR the dent. I was suspicious of the results, so I took a road trip this past Saturday up to Chicago to see it for myself and when I saw the car I honestly could not tell where the dent was located. Their in-house body shop did a first rate job. About a half dozen people tried to find it and the only person that could faintly tell was a guy that worked in a body shop since he knew the tell-tale signs to look for. But to the novice and uninformed eye you would have a hard time knowing anything ever happened.

Upshot of the deal is I am going up Saturday to finally take delivery, and as a sweetener and to compensate me for my pain, suffering and inconvenience they knocked $1k off the price and are going to have it professionally detailed for me.

The most excruciating yet best car buying experience I have ever been through. I can't commend my CA & sales manager at Patrick BMW enough. They were totally transparent about the whole deal, and came through when I had actually given up, totally frustrated and resigning myself to waiting until the LCI in 2025.

Will definitely post up some proper pics next week once I get it home and wash off the road grime and bugs.
Old 08-16-2022, 06:56 PM   #567
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMike View Post
Theo, turns out they were able PDR the dent. I was suspicious of the results, so I took a road trip this past Saturday up to Chicago to see it for myself and when I saw the car I honestly could not tell where the dent was located. Their in-house body shop did a first rate job. About a half dozen people tried to find it and the only person that could faintly tell was a guy that worked in a body shop since he knew the tell-tale signs to look for. But to the novice and uninformed eye you would have a hard time knowing anything ever happened.

Upshot of the deal is I am going up Saturday to finally take delivery, and as a sweetener and to compensate me for my pain, suffering and inconvenience they knocked $1k off the price and are going to have it professionally detailed for me.

The most excruciating yet best car buying experience I have ever been through. I can't commend my CA & sales manager at Patrick BMW enough. They were totally transparent about the whole deal, and came through when I had actually given up, totally frustrated and resigning myself to waiting until the LCI in 2025.

Will definitely post up some proper pics next week once I get it home and wash off the road grime and bugs.
Woohoooooo! Congrats. So glad it all worked out.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:05 PM   #568
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Great news! Enjoy the car, and give us a full review when you've been behind the wheel for a spell. (Plus photos, of course!)
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 08:23 PM   #569
Alan
Carmudgeon

I would never consider PDR bodywork. that is the beauty of it … AWESOME news !!!

Very excited for you !,
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 08:30 PM   #570
dan
redefined

WOOOO!!!