carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Technical Superiority

Old 11-26-2019, 05:50 PM   #1
Alan
Carmudgeon

My iPhone keeps trashing my Amazon emails, how to stop thet

For some reason all of my Amazon emails go directly to the trash, I have no idea why and cannot figure out how to stop it.

This is on my iPhone X which has the latest update, this is not a change it has been doing this for at least a year, if you know how I can fix it I would appreciate your advice.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:00 PM   #2
ff

Sounds like you may have accidentally flagged an amazon email as spam at some point in the past, and have a configuration that specifies that spam goes directly to the trash bin. Is this a Gmail account, or other?
ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:06 PM   #3
ff

On your phone, go to Settings >> Mail >> Blocked, and see if the amazon email addy is listed. 'Blocked Sender Options' may also be set to 'Move to Trash', which affects all blocked addy's.

If you're using Gmail, go to mail.google.com, click the Settings gear icon, and then 'Filters and Blocked Addresses' tab. Check here for the amazon addy. If you're using another email service, it will likely have a similar way to view the blocked senders.
ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #4
Alan
Carmudgeon

Hey ff ... thank you so much for the advice, I checked under blocked and Amazon is not there. There are Mostly Phone numbers and only one email account ... I use optimum which is optonline.net email ... I guess I could call them and see what happened but it is weird since I never blocked Amazon and it’s been happening for a long time.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote