carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 07-12-2021, 11:54 AM   #111
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
So the M240i xdrive starts right around $50. Not bad for the given performance. I wonder what you can speck it up to. HUD, leather, paint, bigger Nav etc. maybe $58?

I’m guessing the G87 starts around $64?
Old 07-12-2021, 09:50 PM   #112
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Re: last ICE car.

If it’s the last ICE car, it ain’t gonna ever be a BMW for me. Sorry guys.

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 10:02 PM   #113
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Re: last ICE car.

If it’s the last ICE car, it ain’t gonna ever be a BMW for me. Sorry guys.
What… this thing is sweet

https://www.autoblog.com/2021/07/12/...dition-reveal/
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:13 AM   #114
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Ugh. It's just depressing what BMW has become.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:14 AM   #115
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
What… this thing is sweet
Not a 2-Series. lol

This (special) G05 X5 does nothing for me, but the exterior of the G05 generally does little for me to begin with. It is the sole reason why I have not upgraded my F15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
Ugh. It's just depressing what BMW has become.
+1

Unrelated to the new 2, but 2-Series related.

I spent a large part of yesterday helping a family member purchase one of the last ‘21 F87 M2 Comps that was available. It was built at the end of June and is currently on a ship on the way over. They had to over pay for it due to current auto demand and the fact dealers literally have people running into centers in an attempt to snap up the last of the twos. Unfortunately they were randomly placed in a situation that was not ideal, long story short, they lost (insurance write-off) of their nearly perfect 4,XXX mile M240 convertible over the weekend. In an attempt to find a new one that was not a priority one or a dealer willing to trade an inbound unit with our local center lead us to being SOL. So this individual decided to pursue acquiring one of the last M2s. They will be doing PCD so will not be taking delivery any time soon, maybe the end of August or first of September.

Last edited by SCA; 07-13-2021 at 09:22 AM.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 08:35 AM   #116
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Not a 2-Series. lol

This does nothing for me, but the exterior of the G05 does little for me to begin with. It is the sole reason why I have not upgraded my F15.

+1

I spent a large part of yesterday helping a family member purchase one of the last ‘21 F87 M2 Comps that was available. It was built at the end of June and is currently on a ship on the way over. They had to over pay for it due to current auto demand and the fact dealers literally have people running into centers in an attempt to snap up the last of the twos. Unfortunately they were randomly placed in a situation that was not ideal, long story short they lost (write-off) their nearly perfect 4,XXX mile M240 convertible over the weekend. In an attempt to find a new one that was not a priority one or a dealer willing to trade an inbound unit with our local center lead us to being SOL. So this individual decided to pursue acquiring one of the last M2s. They will be doing PCD so will not be taking delivery any time soon, maybe the end of August or first of September.
Not sure I understand most of this, but bummer to lose the M240 convertible!
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 09:27 AM   #117
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
bummer to lose the M240 convertible!
Yes, very much so, but the driver and passenger survived. Walked away with minor cuts and contusions. It was a fairly horrific accident.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:11 AM   #118
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Yes, very much so, but the driver and passenger survived. Walked away with minor cuts and contusions. It was a fairly horrific accident.
Lord. Well, good outcome, I guess. And reassuring. I've always felt a little vulnerable in the 2 on the highway with all those trucks and SUVs...That was another reason in support of the CX-5 purchase.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #119
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:

I spent a large part of yesterday helping a family member purchase one of the last ‘21 F87 M2 Comps that was available. It was built at the end of June and is currently on a ship on the way over. They had to over pay for it due to current auto demand and the fact dealers literally have people running into centers in an attempt to snap up the last of the twos. Unfortunately they were randomly placed in a situation that was not ideal, long story short, they lost (insurance write-off) of their nearly perfect 4,XXX mile M240 convertible over the weekend. In an attempt to find a new one that was not a priority one or a dealer willing to trade an inbound unit with our local center lead us to being SOL. So this individual decided to pursue acquiring one of the last M2s. They will be doing PCD so will not be taking delivery any time soon, maybe the end of August or first of September.
That sucks about the M240 but such good news they are both ok. Looks like the car did it’s job.

Congrats on one of the last F87’s. Do you know the story of how this one was still available. Reading the two boards all of the allocations were spoken for.

What are the specs? DCT Manual?
Old 07-13-2021, 10:23 AM   #120
SCA
Jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Lord. Well, good outcome, I guess. And reassuring. I've always felt a little vulnerable in the 2 on the highway with all those trucks and SUVs...That was another reason in support of the CX-5 purchase.
Well, they were intending to keep the car indefinitely and were certainly stunned to have to immediately shop for a new replacement. I can confidently reassure you that the 2 vert is built extremely well.

OT, I discovered yesterday that most BMW Centers are selling M cars for well above MSRP. Like everyone else they are totally taking advantage of the inventory shortage.