carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
Alan
Carmudgeon

Pulled over by the 5 0 thread

I think this would be a cool thread for us to post these stories since they are interesting ... everyone loves a good ‘I got pulled over’ story

In the last 25 years I’ve been pulled over 3 times and the weird part is it has only been in my 991 ... 2 times when I first got it which was 6 yrs ago and back then I was speeding and said to myself ... heck I better slow down but 2 days ago here is what happened ...

I was heading to one of my offices which is in a small village here in Long Island where there are a lot of cops. I’m on a 2 lane road heading into the village literally driving 30 mph in a 30 mph zone and pretty much driving like a granny. I stop to let a mother with a baby and small child cross the road and as I very slowly accelerate I see a cop 2 cars behind me, next thing I see is he puts the lights on so I pull to the side at a red light to get out of his way and to my surprise he is pulling me over ... I for the life of me can’t figure out why but heck I make a right turn onto a road with no shoulder, then he follows me a block and I turn into a neighborhood and pull over (this took a good 2 minutes but I know not to pull over somewhere not safe).

Anyway I lower the tinted window so he has no worries who is in the car and he asked me for my license only, I hand him my license and my PBA card and the first thing I said is ‘What’s going on ‘ because I had no clue why he pulled me over. He said you have no front plate which I replied Yes I don’t, well why don’t you have a plate, did it fall off what happened to it, well shit I’m not going to give this guy some BS story I told him straight forward nothing happened to the front plate I never put it on the car, he asked who gave me the PBA card which I responded my brother in law who is a retired cop and then asked me his name which of course I gave him (it’s handwritten on the card with his phone number)

I text my bro in law i’m pulled over and he is going to get a phone call, a minute later the cop comes back,hands me the card and license back and said ‘have a good day’

Sounds good to me that card just saved me a couple of hundred bucks !!

Strange though because in all of my years having no front plate on some of my cars that is the first time I ever got pulled over for that reason. I was questioned about it during one of the other stops 6 yrs ago and I had the same response ... I didn’t put it on.

Meanwhile at almost 50 years old I still get very nervous when a cop pulls me over ... and this guy was probably 15 to 20 years younger than me. Why can’t I be like those you tubers who look like they could give 2 shits when they get pulled over.

Last edited by Alan; 07-14-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote