carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2023, 09:42 PM   #21
Josh (PA)
Hello.
 
Josh (PA)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,399
Is it wrong to put the under / over on time of ownership at 6 months?
__________________
Josh (PA) -
'19 X5
'17 991.2 C2 Cab
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 11:28 AM   #22
lemming
Western Anomaly
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Posts: 16,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Is it wrong to put the under / over on time of ownership at 6 months?
Ha ha ha.

No. Itís not terrible. I have a terrible track record.
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 11:54 AM   #23
lemming
Western Anomaly
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Posts: 16,415
Wanted to give an update —

The Macan base is not terrible on the 101 highway. PDK kicks down from 7th gear to 4th gear really quickly. Easily hits and maintains triple digits when accelerating to pass. Handling and damping is good.

Not too crazy about the strangled warbling sound of the four cylinder engine though. It’s decidedly uninspiring. But effective. Mid-range torque doesn’t feel remarkably off from most of the other vehicles at speed. And I’d argue from a standstill, probably more AUC for torque, which is pleasant.
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 12:46 PM   #24
robg
Carmudgeon
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 3,072
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Wanted to give an update —

The Macan base is not terrible on the 101 highway. PDK kicks down from 7th gear to 4th gear really quickly. Easily hits and maintains triple digits when accelerating to pass. Handling and damping is good.

Not too crazy about the strangled warbling sound of the four cylinder engine though. It’s decidedly uninspiring. But effective. Mid-range torque doesn’t feel remarkably off from most of the other vehicles at speed. And I’d argue from a standstill, probably more AUC for torque, which is pleasant.
Oh- did you already buy one? Also just realized that they bumped up the HP and Torque a little since the 2021 model that I drove...sounds like it may have made a difference
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 01:18 PM   #25
lemming
Western Anomaly
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Posts: 16,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Oh- did you already buy one? Also just realized that they bumped up the HP and Torque a little since the 2021 model that I drove...sounds like it may have made a difference
2022s bumped up the power mapping. By 12hp or so.

Typical Porsche magic.

I drove it. Didnít feel the difference. Took the car that had greater depreciation.

Here we are.
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 04:46 PM   #26
lemming
Western Anomaly
 
lemming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
Posts: 16,415
Update.

With ceramic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	139DB9D4-3268-4870-B97F-2F3FE195843B.jpeg
Views:	97
Size:	445.3 KB
ID:	15781  
__________________


lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 05:43 PM   #27
Jeff_DML
Old Fart
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Location: San Diego
Posts: 8,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Update.

With ceramic.
I thought this is the commuter beater, Hoehn make you do it?
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:13 PM   #28
FC
Solving problems
 
FC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: GTI-LR4-Cooper S-718 GTS
Location: Metro Boston
Posts: 24,893
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Update.

With ceramic.
Very nice. Those have always been sharp cars and the news ones look great. Cool color too.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:22 PM   #29
wdc330i
dogged
 
wdc330i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Posts: 13,003
I really like the color. Itís a smart-looking car.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:26 PM   #30
Josh (PA)
Hello.
 
Josh (PA)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 5,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
I really like the color. Itís a smart-looking car.
+1. I was checking that color out at the dealership the other day. I like it.
__________________
Josh (PA) -
'19 X5
'17 991.2 C2 Cab
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Forums © 2003-2008, 'Mudgeon Enterprises - Site hosting by AYN & Associates, LLC