carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #33
robg
Carmudgeon

Congrats Alan! Given all of the cars you've owned, that's a good endorsement. I had some experience in pre-2014 F10s (including my dad's 2013 550) and was underwhelmed. All of the small tweaks they made added up I think. NEver tried one with the active roll bars that your car has. People seem to love that-- and the so-called "Dynamic Handling Package" that includes it is the only way to get a sporty feeling suspension on the xdrive models. Sounds like they've improved the exhaust sound on the 550 too? I know on my dad's car its so quiet that you can't tell its a V8. My only real complaint so far is actually the feel of the sport automatic in stop and go traffic. The 1->2 shift is noticeable, and I get annoyed that it always downshifts to 1st at around 3 mph. Maybe the 550 doesnt do that given all its torque.

What else did you consider this time around out of curiousity?

Can't believe I"m consdering it, but am actually thinking of getting a used F10 M5 for my next car (they are dropping like rocks). I really like the F10 overall. And of course, that opens the possibilty of getting a stick (wife permitting).
robg is offline   Reply With Quote