carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2018, 12:31 AM   #19
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

I have a 2011 Silverado that I've owned since new, and I don't think I've had any of those issues. Well, okay, the rear bumper is not quite aligned correctly any more, but that's because it was replaced after I was hit and the body shop was a little lazy with fitting the replacement part. I should probably fix it at some point.

I did have some odd issues two years ago, but after the dealer threw a bunch of crap at it, I think the true culprit was a $35 crank position sensor that I replaced myself. Almost seven years and 101,000 miles later, the only real problem I have is a finicky window switch panel. I think it just needs to be replaced; it'll intermittently fail to raise the rear windows, and today (after I did some tinkering with the door open during some rain) the auto-down feature on the driver's window stopped working.

Say what you will about trucks -- mine is proving to be an excellent purchase, and the only vehicle I've driven for 100,000 miles. Mine was even made in Mexico.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote