carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2021, 09:17 AM   #1
clyde
Chief title editor

EVs

I was just watching this Magnus Walker video of the base Taycan wagon and it dawned on me. I already knew that I liked the Taycan. There's a lot I really like about the Cadillac Lyriq. If I get over the "Mustang" part of the Mach E's name, there's a lot to like there, too. The Polestar 2 is nice. And on and on.

All these electric vehicles have me kind of excited for cars. The ones I just named are all cars I can see myself owning. There's a manufacturer that, maybe, is doing electric vehicle specific things better than the others, but not much. And again, just "maybe." But that manufacturer is not represented on that list. The only vehicles they make are electric and they definitely built a better mousetrap. Initially.

But why aren't any of them on this list? Outside and in, the ones on the list look interesting to me. They look cool. They make me feel something. The manufacturer not represented makes cold, boring eggs that look funny. The ones on the list build cars like they know what they're doing and they tend to build cars that are screwed together well. The manufacturer not represented builds cars with an attention to detail like the Friday afternoon shift at a 1970s era GM plant. [JST says that last line isn't worth a whole lot. Ok. -ed] The manufacturers represented build real cars, not sophomoric butthole jokes.

I think the sleeping giant has woken. I don't know if the upstart manufacturer will ultimately prosper or die, but the tortoise and hare story comes to mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 8.13.45 AM.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	13384  

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?

Last edited by clyde; 04-22-2021 at 09:49 AM.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote