carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 09-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #571
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I just posted this over at TMC -- copying here for future reference. This is the timeline so far:
  • 3/31/16 Reservation (in store)
  • 7/29/18 Placed order (Dual Motor, Red, 19" sport wheels, Black Interior, Enhanced Autopilot)
  • 8/14/18 Assigned a VIN (IDA left voicemail & email on 8/13 and I spoke with him on 8/14). VIN is 655XX
  • 8/16/18 Trade in offer received on my Model S
  • 8/19/18 Received CarMax offer $3.3k better than Tesla (~double the sales tax savings from trading…). Emailed the IDA asking if Tesla would match the CarMax offer (it was worth a shot…)
  • 8/22/18 Voicemail from IDA stating that Tesla won't match; I emailed him back saying I'd sell the car separately and not trade it. Asked to confirm delivery date.
  • 8/23/18 Emailed IDA asking for an update / confirm delivery date
  • 8/26/18 Received cryptic email from IDA about expediting from trade in to a "Final Offer" so he could finish paperwork (this is 4 days after I stated I would not trade the S; this was also the start of the original estimated delivery window…) I emailed back asking if Tesla will now match the CarMax offer (again, worth a shot) -- but said if not, I would not trade the S...
  • 8/27/18 Received email from IDA confirming they won't match the CarMax offer -- but no mention of the 3 delivery. I responded by email stating I would not trade the S and asked for an update on delivery timing. He called me a few minutes later to state that the car was now scheduled to arrive on 8/29, but he needed to check on when it could be delivered before confirming. He also said he was finalizing paperwork "today" (this was Monday).
  • 8/30/18 Emailed IDA asking for an update on scheduling delivery. No response
  • 8/31/18 Stopped by local deliver/service center just to see if the car happened to be there. For a second, I thought it was -- looked like what I ordered (Red, 19", black interior, and the VIN started with 655), but it was 75 VINs below mine… The staff at the store was not able to look much up besides seeing my Reservation number -- she said they don't see anything more until delivery is scheduled…

So… I have not heard from him since Monday. I've been given 2 dates when it was supposed to arrive here, but do not have a delivery scheduled. No MVPA. Nothing updated on My Tesla (still shows the trade quote for the S, and an expected delivery of Oct to Dec).

We'll see what happens this week…

Acronym Glossary:
IDA = "Inside Delivery Advisor" -- aka the "guy in Vegas"
MVPA = "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" -- has the final price and amount due for the car...
Old 09-02-2018, 06:43 PM   #572
JST

Well, car isn’t here yet, but the spare arrived today. Someday I am going to start a donut spare museum.

JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:08 PM   #573
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M
Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Well, car isn’t here yet, but the spare arrived today. Someday I am going to start a donut spare museum.
Your tenacious adherence to this principled, if arguably anachronistic standard is impressive.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #574
JST

Someone has to keep the faith. I am like those monks copying the Bible by hand and drinking beer, in that I drink a lot of beer.

This is a crazy donut, though—a 19” temporary use wheel/tire combo.
Old 09-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #575
Plaz
•••••••

Carmudgeonly Ride: '11 1M

I want to wish you suffer a blowout in the middle of the desert where there's no cell service for the ultimate validation, but I don't want to wish you a blowout in the middle of the desert where there's no cell service.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #576
JST

Went to order the NEMA 10-30 adapter from Tesla today to make sure I have everything I need when the car comes. While they list that adapter as avaialbe on the web site, when you actually try to order it the site shows "sold out."

Irritating.

Fortunately EVSEadapters.com sells the same basic thing, though irritatingly it's $15 more expensive.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:46 PM   #577
rumatt
Mugwump

Carmudgeonly Ride: E46 330i, Chevy Colorado, Tesla Model 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post
Your tenacious adherence to this principled, if arguably anachronistic standard is impressive.

I agree though. That's some dedication.

And now I need to order one.

That's a bad-ass wheel BTW. Looks way better than the stock arrows.
rumatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 12:18 AM   #578
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumatt View Post

I agree though. That's some dedication.

And now I need to order one.

That's a bad-ass wheel BTW. Looks way better than the stock arrows.
Yeah, it's really nice for a temp spare. Would be nice to put four on and see how much 135 mm rubber you could burn.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #579
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaz View Post

I want to wish you suffer a blowout in the middle of the desert where there's no cell service for the ultimate validation, but I don't want to wish you a blowout in the middle of the desert where there's no cell service.
He wouldn't have enough charge to drive out of said desert anyway
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:45 AM   #580
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
Been to remote desert with no cell coverage.

How did I get home?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7179.JPG
Views:	263
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	11952