carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 AM   #21
JST

The current C300 (with a 228 hp 3.0L V6) comes with a 6M. http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/#/vehi...c=C&vmf=C300WZ

I haven't tried one; my issue with Mercedes vehicles is that, at least five or so years ago, their manuals were about the only ones I'd ever tried that left me yearning for an auto. Talk about terrible shift feel. I think that the new ones are better, but the C class has never appealed to me when compared to the comparable 3er.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #22
clyde
Chief title editor

I love the front end of the current C class. Forward of the A pilar, they just look awesome. Aft of the C pilar is a near disaster in the early E65 sense. In between, more to the "nice" side of "eh, whatever," but it flows well out of the front of the car.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #23
Optimus Prime
Carmudgeon

Carmudgeonly Ride: Golf TDi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I realize I will get branded as a loser or something for admitting this, but if Mercedes used more manuals, I would shop them seriously. They are really nice places to be inside. They don't drive like BMW's, but they are fine for 99.5% of the driving I do. Which granted, isn't much since I commute on the motorcycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John V View Post
We would consider Mercedes as well if they sold more cars with manuals. My wife likes the way they look (I, in general, don't) but the auto only thing is a deal killer for both of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by equ View Post
+1 on Mercs, I'd consider them if manuals were available. There are the rare c230 sport sedans from the previous generation, and those were quite allright... Though audi trumps them in the awd dept. and bmw wins in rwd sportiness.
+1
Old 03-22-2010, 10:25 AM   #24
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
I also agree with the manual argument. But this not being my car I don't get the final word. RWD + manual paddle shifters + 367hp make it not so bad though.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #25
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Went shopping for the C already.

Went to the dealer and bought all the components for installing bluetooth. Luckily the 05-07 C's were all pre-wired so the hard part is done. Oddly enough post 07 Benz's no longer came pre-wired unless you opted for bluetooth as an option. Was not TO bad for about $850. I have a weekend project now.

While we were there we asked about an aux cable for iPod integration. Now comes the duh moment. The parts guy asked if we had the command unit (Nav). We said yes. He said go look in the glovebox to the right of the cd changer. Umm ok. Ummm yeah the aux input is already there. DOH. Cool integration to for playlists and all.

Lastly I purchased a set of High flow primary cats. We like the stock exhaust but it could use a little more bass and presence. Going to try these first and go from there.

It's Fun having two cars we like but bad for the wallet. =)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eurocharged_High_4b15525403601.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	5185  
Old 03-31-2010, 10:57 PM   #26
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Went shopping for the C already.

Lastly I purchased a set of High flow primary cats. We like the stock exhaust but it could use a little more bass and presence. Going to try these first and go from there.

It's Fun having two cars we like but bad for the wallet. =)

not exactly street(CARB) legal?
Jeff_DML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:00 PM   #27
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
not exactly street(CARB) legal?
We should be fine if we leave the secondaries alone. But we won't know for another three years after this current test. =)