carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 04-01-2021, 04:00 PM   #101
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Yeah—not that I blame the guy for being pissed, but his insistence on the interior change at end of production was a little over the top.
This
Old 04-01-2021, 05:43 PM   #102
JST

It's even somewhat local! Auction ends soon though.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2017-bmw-m2-48/

EDIT: whoops, it's not a manual. Nevermind.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:19 PM   #103
dan
redefined

2019+ only please
Old 04-01-2021, 06:43 PM   #104
JST

Ha ha need to change the thread title.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:56 PM   #105
dan
redefined

or I could start my own thread!

(Still wanna hear Theo's thoughts too)
Old 04-01-2021, 08:33 PM   #106
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post

That’s funny. I had no idea/recollection this was MY thread!
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:20 AM   #107
lip277
The old cranky SOB....

Carmudgeonly Ride: several cars... way too many....
Quote:

That got me thinking - I have not seen him here in a while...
And looking at his profile, he has not been here since Dec 1....

1970 2800CS - - 2001 740iL - - 2006 997.1 - - 2012 Escalade
1968 Mustang GT Convertible - - 2003 Ford F250 PSD - - 1985 728i
lip277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:04 PM   #108
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Yes you most certainly should Plaz!
Old 05-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #109
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Quote:
I'm starting to think a lot about M2 Comps

I would think I'm sold on Long Beach Blue, but the Hockenheim Silver does look pretty striking in pics. I would never have thought I'd even consider a silver BMW over a blue one though

So...Theo?
Hey Dan. Sorry about the LONG pause but I just now got back into the site after a 5 month pause. Thanks Clyde!

I agree there are no super fun colors on the current M2, looks like that will be changing for the G series. I also did not want black or white and I am not a fan of LBB either. LBB just has this weird light tinge to it in the direct sunlight that I didn't like. This is all personal preference of course.

That left me with Sunset and Hockenhime. Here the opposite happened. I loved Sunset in the direct sunlight but it looks dirty and uninspiring in the shade.

This left me with HS. My past my car colors tended to be dark choices, except for maybe Interlagos. Mostly dark blues and greens.

I was not happy about being kind of pulled in the direction of HS. I would have picked a nice dark blue or a better orange, JST’s car for sure, in a second if available.

That said it does look very nice in direct sunlight and shade. It has metallic in it so kind of like a diamond white in direct sunlight. In the shade it takes on like a muted grey, think very light Audi Nardo, which is pretty cool.

I think you should stay with LBB if you like it. I don't think you will see many M2C’s with that choice so very unique.

I hope that helps???

Btw I am still super happy with my purchase. No regrets at all and I have been getting into modding it in the last 6 months. That bug has been fun as well and not something I really did to the M5. I say Go for it!!
Old 05-13-2021, 01:08 PM   #110
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Hey Dan. Sorry about the LONG pause but I just now got back into the site after a 5 month pause. Thanks Clyde!

I agree there are no super fun colors on the current M2, looks like that will be changing for the G series. I also did not want black or white and I am not a fan of LBB either. LBB just has this weird light tinge to it in the direct sunlight that I didn't like. This is all personal preference of course.

That left me with Sunset and Hockenhime. Here the opposite happened. I loved Sunset in the direct sunlight but it looks dirty and uninspiring in the shade.

This left me with HS. My past my car colors tended to be dark choices, except for maybe Interlagos. Mostly dark blues and greens.

I was not happy about being kind of pulled in the direction of HS. I would have picked a nice dark blue or a better orange, JST’s car for sure, in a second if available.

That said it does look very nice in direct sunlight and shade. It has metallic in it so kind of like a diamond white in direct sunlight. In the shade it takes on like a muted grey, think very light Audi Nardo, which is pretty cool.

I think you should stay with LBB if you like it. I don't think you will see many M2C’s with that choice so very unique.

I hope that helps???

Btw I am still super happy with my purchase. No regrets at all and I have been getting into modding it in the last 6 months. That bug has been fun as well and not something I really did to the M5. I say Go for it!!
HS sounds just like my GTI white silver. I like it, definitely better then a standard white or silver. I am sucker for a nice blue though.
Jeff_DML is online now   Reply With Quote