carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 07-04-2004, 11:39 AM   #161
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming
family requirements are a lot different from performance parameter requirements.

you two buzzkillahs.
Oh...I dunno about that...

I seem to have wound up with a car that was bought with family requirements being a major factor that makes everyone that drives it with enthusiasm (as opposed to just going through the motions of sitting in the driver's seat and operating the controls like an automaton so one can say that he drove it and gave it a fair shot) drool and babble like someone with a closed head injury.

Can't say that I'm disappointed.
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 06:15 PM   #162
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming
family requirements are a lot different from performance parameter requirements.

you two buzzkillahs.
Oh...I dunno about that...

I seem to have wound up with a car that was bought with family requirements being a major factor that makes everyone that drives it with enthusiasm (as opposed to just going through the motions of sitting in the driver's seat and operating the controls like an automaton so one can say that he drove it and gave it a fair shot) drool and babble like someone with a closed head injury.

Can't say that I'm disappointed.
The RX-8 is definitely a good choice for someone who needs four doors but wants to drive with passion (and has a good relationship with the local gas station). It's still out of my price range, though. And to be honest, I think nothing in the price range I set for myself would be better than the car I picked, barring used cars with their various caveats.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote