carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Technical Superiority > Spit Shined

Old 06-30-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
Leather care and colored seat stitching.

Hey guys. So on my new car it has two things I have not had to deal with before. The leather seats have bright redish orange stitching on the black leather and are also perforated.

I have been using griots leather care forever with great results. So I have two questions.

1. Is there any danger of the leather care product dulling the colored stitching? If so what should I use.

2. The perforated holes in the seats are actually colored. So it makes a neat design depending on the angle you stare at the seat. If I use the leather care will this get in the holes and start to plug or dull that colored effect.

I hope that makes sense. Thanks!!!

Last edited by Theo; 06-30-2020 at 12:33 PM.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:12 PM   #2
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
I've been using Zaino's z-9 and z-10 leather care products on the Porsche (w/ Natural Leather and Ventilated Seats) and I love it. The cleaner is great, and the conditioner leaves no oily residue. I've found if you put a quarter size drop on a microfiber towel and rub it into the towel (so there is no/little free liquid) before applying it to the perforated parts, you don't get any excess liquid in the holes. I also found that if you take your first swipe on a solid surface (in my case the headrest of the seat), the rag is better prepped for conditioning the perofated sections. I would recommend it.
https://www.zainostore.com/product/Z-10.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200802_183014.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	12783  
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote