carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 02-28-2023, 09:48 PM   #4121
lemming
Western Anomaly

Carmudgeonly Ride: White Orca
ADM is now a fact of life, for these cars

lemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:00 PM   #4122
JST

You could try Porsche Chantilly, here in VA; they sold me my car at MSRP, but not sure where they are on selling out of market (and 911s might be different than 718s).
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:03 PM   #4123
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
ADM is now a fact of life, for these cars
I completely disagree on the regular Porsches, maybe for the GT3’s and other special Porsches but things will get back to normal.

Times always change and what might feel like normal today will not be normal in the future. Please don’t take my word for it, just look at history.

Isn’t that the whole idea of investing money, it’s all based on a time frame not the current moment.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 10:56 PM   #4124
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
I completely disagree on the regular Porsches, maybe for the GT3’s and other special Porsches but things will get back to normal.

Times always change and what might feel like normal today will not be normal in the future. Please don’t take my word for it, just look at history.

Isn’t that the whole idea of investing money, it’s all based on a time frame not the current moment.
Yes. I meant the GT cars, A. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 03-04-2023, 09:22 AM   #4125
Josh (PA)
Hello.

Carmudgeonly Ride: '09 X3, '11 328xiT, '11 135i C, '17 c2, '19 X5
Found data on 911 US sales numbers over the years. Jan 2015 is a typo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2023_03_03_at_9_23_30_pm_ea0264b174a73ed0af0fa42c2027a5d091e6ae5a.png
Views:	85
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	15739  
'11 135i Convertible
'11 328xiT
'09 X3
Josh (PA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 10:14 PM   #4126
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh (PA) View Post
Found data on 911 US sales numbers over the years. Jan 2015 is a typo
I was at the dealer today. My allocation is still good.

These numbers. Man. So small.

Old 03-06-2023, 02:55 PM   #4127
robg
Carmudgeon

From what I can tell Porsche sold more 911s in the US in 2022 than they have since 2015
https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/porsch...sales-figures/

So, they're certainly back to (and exceeding) pre-pandemic levels of sales. Given that, I'd expect waiting lists and pricing to return to normal soon. I guess there's probably still some pent up demand from the previous couple years they have to work through.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 04:49 PM   #4128
lemming
Western Anomaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
From what I can tell Porsche sold more 911s in the US in 2022 than they have since 2015
https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/porsch...sales-figures/

So, they're certainly back to (and exceeding) pre-pandemic levels of sales. Given that, I'd expect waiting lists and pricing to return to normal soon. I guess there's probably still some pent up demand from the previous couple years they have to work through.
There might be an issue with the chassis right now. Most likely is supplier related, but there’s something causing a huge holdup in builds, deliveries and new allocations for active orders.

I’m in the last bucket. I have the spot and just waiting for the formal ordering.

Last we checked we were trending for December delivery. Looks delayed beyond that at the moment.

Old 03-08-2023, 10:56 AM   #4129
lemming
Western Anomaly

Guys — I have some really bad news.

I drove the GT3 to work today. And because I have never driven it to work, I’ve not been able to compare really? But I don’t even know if I could go back to the T now. The steering feel, the induction noise and explosive engine just mean……okay. I don’t need another car like ever. And probably sell the Carrera T when the market is right for it.

These cars are f*cking amazing.

Holy cow.

Smooth LA highways. Cool conditions. It’s just awesome.

Old 03-08-2023, 11:52 AM   #4130
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemming View Post
Guys — I have some really bad news.

I drove the GT3 to work today. And because I have never driven it to work, I’ve not been able to compare really? But I don’t even know if I could go back to the T now. The steering feel, the induction noise and explosive engine just mean……okay. I don’t need another car like ever. And probably sell the Carrera T when the market is right for it.

These cars are f*cking amazing.

Holy cow.

Smooth LA highways. Cool conditions. It’s just awesome.
Sounds like it's just bad news for your T. Your comments echo that of many others.

I'd love to think one day I could get a hold of one, but that would be a lot to ask to have two cars that are worth so much that are seldom driven. If the market were ever to soften a bit and get down to the mid-100's, I could perhaps consider one.

But frankly the logistics get crazy. Way too many cars. Even with "4 garages spots" I'd have to jam both Porsches in the back garage and move them both whenever I want to work on any car in there, and by then have at least 3 cars sharing the two attached garages. Our house works very well with 3 cars. Maybe a 4th one sleeping outdoors. 5? Ugh. The back garage fits two cars storage-wise, but it becomes a PITA to actually use it. Can't get large tools out at all. Even just walking past cars to the back where all my stuff is without rubbing against them would be annoying. 1st world problems.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote