carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > The Marketplace

Old 08-04-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
TD
Founder emeritus

FS: 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero wagon, 5-spd

We may be slow, but we get there eventually.

This time, it's the Saab.

The car really is in excellent condition, so if you know anyone wanting a quirky wagon experience, point them our way.

And I know the pics are old. I plan to take new ones later today or tomorrow and replace those in the ad.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=206606021
TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
Alan
Carmudgeon

I don't know if you know this but the trade in value is around $7000 to $7600 ... you might want to bring the price down to around $10k to $12k
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:22 AM   #3
TD
Founder emeritus

CarMax offered us $12K.

If I can't beat $12K by a reasonable margin, it's not worth selling it private party (and it may not be worth selling it at all).
Old 09-17-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
CarMax offered us $12K.

If I can't beat $12K by a reasonable margin, it's not worth selling it private party (and it may not be worth selling it at all).
Wow, had this happened a year ago, I would have bought your car in an instant instead of buying the Saabaru - especially if I had known I would be taking a job 5 minutes from home less than a year after the fact. Oh well, shit happens.

Best of luck.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 01:38 PM   #5
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
CarMax offered us $12K.

I would definitely put it on ebay ... a lot of people feel much more comfortable buying a car with a person with a positive high feedback score and wouldn't even consider buying from other internet sites. Being it's a hard to find car (wagon/stick) you will probably find the nationwide you have a great shot at selling it.

I'd give you some great tips on how to set up the auction that would help you sell it ... keep in mind I must have sold at least 5 or 6 cars on ebay and it has always worked out.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:55 PM   #6
clyde
Chief title editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Wow, had this happened a year ago, I would have bought your car in an instant instead of buying the Saabaru - especially if I had known I would be taking a job 5 minutes from home less than a year after the fact. Oh well, shit happens.
Wow, if I'd had that kind of clairvoyance,...well, shit happens.

Team WTF?!
What are you gonna do?
clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #7
Alan
Carmudgeon

Those pictures are horrible ... for a guy who has posted some pretty nice pics of his cars I am surprised by the ones you are using in an ad.

The interior shot is way too close and doesn't show much and you really need to take at least one side shot of the car from further than 3 feet away from the car.

Last edited by Alan; 09-28-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #8
TD
Founder emeritus

Dude, I was going to take new pics but never bothered.

Since I put the car up for sale, some things have changed for us and replacing it with something newer or with 7 seats is less of a priority than keeping than money in the bank.

So, unless someone came forward with our asking price (which I know is high), I doubt we're going to sell it.