carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Keepin' it local

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2008, 02:59 AM   #1
lupinsea
Jeeped

Carmudgeonly Ride: Modified Jeep Tj and '07 Miata
Seattle Peeps --> Jeep Run, Who Wants to Go?

This is mostly for Doug, Kevin, um Lance, um . . . and anyone else up here in the NW / Seattle area who's interested . . .

Offroad Jeep Run
April 26th, 2008

Reiter Trails ORV Area
Gold Bar, WA

This is an open invitation to join me for some Jeep'n Saturday, April 26th. Someone in my Jeep club suggested I lead a club "expedition" to Reiter Trails since I am supposed to know the area better than anyone else. Interestingly, I wasn't at the meeting when I was nominated for "wagon master" status.

Anyways, the date is set, question is does anyone from this board want to join me?

I have a spare front passenger seat and if there's enough interest I can easily toss in the rear seat in the Jeep to accomodate more people.

If you want to run your own truck, Jeep, or WRX you're more than welcome*. But if you just want to ride along (or even drive my Jeep) that's ok, too.

Here's specifics:

Reiter Trails Description
This is the area I've been mapping for some time now. The map is finished and there's some interest by members of my club to get more people up to the area to check it out. Reiter Trails offers a sampling of classic NW trails that are filled with lush evergreen vegetation that cover wet and muddy trails that wind their way among dense stands of trees on some steep hill sides. If you're interested in what Jeep trails of the Cascade foothills look like come check it out.

Pictures from Reiter Trails. Click to enlarge.

Trail Area Location
The trails are about 1 mile off Hwy 2 on th eastern edge of Gold Bar, WA.

Meeting Time / Place
We'd be meeting in Monroe, WA at 9am at the McDonalds in the middle of town just of Hwy 2 (east of the 522 interchange).

What to Expect
This will likely be a full-day run. We'll meet at 9am, then caravan out to the trail head. Do a final trail prep and hit the trails. Lunch is a BYOG (Bring Your Own Grub) sort of thing and we'd eat somewhere on the trails. There'd be more trail running and finally we'll probably head off the trails and back to civilization at the end of the day, about 8pm or so.

What to Bring
If you want to go keep in mind we'll be in a wet, dirty environment. So don't wear anything you wouldn't mind getting dirty. We'll also be going regardless of weather. If it's sunny, great, I'd like to drop the top. If it's raining, the top stays up. But we might venture out of the Jeep for who knows what so bring rain gear if its raining. Also, a camera would be good and as mentioned, your lunch + snacks.

Let me know if you're interested in going.

* Note: Trails are a bit narrow for full-size trucks in certain areas. WRX won't go much further than the parking lot and gravel access roads. Make sure vehicles have strong recovery points.

"Jeep is the only true American sports car*" - Enzo Ferrari

* Or something to that effect.
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote