Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 03-28-2018, 09:10 PM   #31
JST

Oh, is it? Huh. Am really behind.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:07 AM   #32
Nick M3
Old Fart

Now the A4 is DCT and the S4 is slush box.
1995 M3 S50B32, S6S420G, 3.91
1990 325is
1989 M3

Hers:
1988 325iX
1996 911 Turbo

Nick M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 05:41 AM   #33
AF
What ev's

Yeah the shifts are really fast plus I have to tell you this car is really solid, my daughters 2017 got slammed REALLY hard in the drivers side rear door by a pick up truck that ran a red light which then sent her into another car and while the car got totaled the interior looked perfect. You would never know a big truck hit it if you were sitting inside the car plus the smashed in door worked perfectly after the accident.

It is a really great car which is why I got her the same exact car though different color.

Btw for 2018 they are all S lines.

Last edited by AF; 03-29-2018 at 06:07 AM.
AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #34
robg
Crotchety

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
Yeah the shifts are really fast plus I have to tell you this car is really solid, my daughters 2017 got slammed REALLY hard in the drivers side rear door by a pick up truck that ran a red light which then sent her into another car and while the car got totaled the interior looked perfect. You would never know a big truck hit it if you were sitting inside the car plus the smashed in door worked perfectly after the accident.

It is a really great car which is why I got her the same exact car though different color.

Btw for 2018 they are all S lines.
Curious- did you lease or buy it? In the past, I've noticed that, in general, Audi leases are not favorable compared to BMW and Mercedes. Overall though, I think they generally make the most appealing cars in the segments in which they compete with the other big 2. The new A6 looks great inside and out. Looking forward to trying out the new A4 this summer with Silvercar (they actually had the best deal on a week long rental)
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #35
AF
What ev's

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Curious- did you lease or buy it? In the past, I've noticed that, in general, Audi leases are not favorable compared to BMW and Mercedes. Overall though, I think they generally make the most appealing cars in the segments in which they compete with the other big 2. The new A6 looks great inside and out. Looking forward to trying out the new A4 this summer with Silvercar (they actually had the best deal on a week long rental)
Both the totaled car and new car are leased ... I did a 3 yr on the first one and a 2 yr on the new one. If you want the figures I paid send me a pm and I’ll be happy to give you the details.

The lease deal on both are decent ... not amazing but not horrible.

Btw the new A6 looks appealing I love my current one and did a 2 yr lease on it and it comes up at the end of this year ... I hope the new one is out in time though I’m pretty sure the lease will be ridiculous being that the car will be just coming out.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #36
robg
Crotchety

Quote:
Both the totaled car and new car are leased ... I did a 3 yr on the first one and a 2 yr on the new one. If you want the figures I paid send me a pm and I’ll be happy to give you the details.

The lease deal on both are decent ... not amazing but not horrible.

Btw the new A6 looks appealing I love my current one and did a 2 yr lease on it and it comes up at the end of this year ... I hope the new one is out in time though I’m pretty sure the lease will be ridiculous being that the car will be just coming out.
Yes- the new A6 will likely have terrible lease deals for a while (my guess is 800+/month . Starting to see some deals on 540s so that could be an option for you as well (also seems like a very nice car but not as striking inside/out as the new a6).
Old 04-04-2018, 10:11 PM   #37
AF
What ev's

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Yes- the new A6 will likely have terrible lease deals for a while (my guess is 800+/month . Starting to see some deals on 540s so that could be an option for you as well (also seems like a very nice car but not as striking inside/out as the new a6).
Im currently paying I think either $810 or $818 for my current A6 so Id be ok with that number but keep in mind i do 2 year leases which is why the figure is on the higher side.

I will definitely be looking at the 540 as well as the 550 next ... at first I wasnt into the 5er redesign but the style is growing on me.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:30 PM   #38
robg
Crotchety

Quote:
I’m currently paying I think either $810 or $818 for my current A6 so I’d be ok with that number but keep in mind i do 2 year leases which is why the figure is on the higher side.

I will definitely be looking at the 540 as well as the 550 next ... at first I wasn’t into the 5er redesign but the style is growing on me.
ah ok- guessing you have a fairly loaded A6 then. New 5 series is starting to grow on me as well. Saw an M550 in person the other day and really liked it. Seems like the new 540 is roughly as quick as the old 550. If I decided to go down that route for my next car, I think I"d also seriously consider the new X3 M40i (seems like the overall best of the current crop of "performance" CUvs. Very similar interior/space as the 5 series but am starting to appreciate the SUV form factor for family use. (I have to eat crow on that one cause i vaguely remember you explaining how you started to appreciate SUVs when you had kids in car seats and not having to bend down all the time. Didn't understand at the time...I'm also realizing that the more upright seating position is more comfortable and my lower back doesn't hurt now even on long drives )