carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 12-20-2022, 06:47 PM   #1401
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
email??!!!!

Now THAT is the literal worst
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:34 PM   #1402
lip277
The old cranky SOB....

Carmudgeonly Ride: several cars... way too many....
For anything I want a record of - I really hate phone calls. Because - after the call, I then send an email with what we just discussed (so there is a record of the activity).

Sometimes - just going straight to emails (or texts - maybe.....) is better for simple things.
But - yeah - if there is a bit of 'back and forth' where decisions are needing to be made that then impact other things and then more decisions are needed and so on - yeah... The call is probably better - LOL - and then followed up with an email wrapping it all up for posterity.... That's my angle anyway.

1970 2800CS - - 2001 740iL - - 2006 997.1 - - 2012 Escalade
1968 Mustang GT Convertible - - 2003 Ford F250 PSD - - 1985 728i
lip277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 09:34 AM   #1403
John V
No more BMWs

Carmudgeonly Ride: Ram, MS3, CX-5, RX-8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lip277 View Post
For anything I want a record of - I really hate phone calls. Because - after the call, I then send an email with what we just discussed (so there is a record of the activity).

Sometimes - just going straight to emails (or texts - maybe.....) is better for simple things.
But - yeah - if there is a bit of 'back and forth' where decisions are needing to be made that then impact other things and then more decisions are needed and so on - yeah... The call is probably better - LOL - and then followed up with an email wrapping it all up for posterity.... That's my angle anyway.
Yeah, I prefer e-mail because it's an easily searchable record. Texts are just annoying.
John V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 06:21 PM   #1404
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Well, I found an allocation. As expected, it's complicated.

I am told all Euro delivery slots are taken until September. The allocation I found is for March. So I either take this allocation and forgo Euro Delivery, or wait and roll the dice that an allocation suitable for ED opens up in time. I think I'll take the sure, sooner thing.

I've actually been worrying that Euro Delivery could expose an unprotected car to damage and drama, and if it's September or later, I could miss out on good weather for driving in Europe and definitely will miss good weather in the US. A March build should get me a car stateside sometime in the Summer, one would think.

We'll have to do the drive on the Cote d'Azur in a rental some other time.

Unsurprisingly, there is some ADM, but it is quite small, all things considered. And my wife is more than happy to it pay to shut me up. I need to work out the details to see if there is other fine print that will jack up the price.

Finally, this is through very far away dealer (they reached out to me based on a rennlist post I made), so I'd need to arrange Atlanta delivery. I could make it a weekend out of driving it back with my wife.

Anything I should ask or confirm before I tentatively agree to this?

Last edited by FC; 12-23-2022 at 06:31 PM.
FC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 07:21 PM   #1405
dan
redefined

I would just want to know every single add-on to the price outside of MSRP.

ADM is one thing—what about other “doc fees”? Will you be required to buy a “ceramic coating” that they apply?
Old 12-23-2022, 07:54 PM   #1406
SCA
Jaded

FC, why not do the Porsche delivery experience if you have to travel to Atlanta? I have heard nothing but amazing things. Definitely look into it and give it some consideration. Edit: Unless that is what you were speaking about to begin with.
SCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 08:25 PM   #1407
FC
Solving problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
FC, why not do the Porsche delivery experience if you have to travel to Atlanta? I have heard nothing but amazing things. Definitely look into it and give it some consideration. Edit: Unless that is what you were speaking about to begin with.
Yes, that is what I was talking about.
Old 12-23-2022, 08:25 PM   #1408
FC
Solving problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan View Post
I would just want to know every single add-on to the price outside of MSRP.

ADM is one thing—what about other “doc fees”? Will you be required to buy a “ceramic coating” that they apply?
Right. That’s exactly what I asked about.
Old 12-23-2022, 09:48 PM   #1409
JST

Cool! Make sure they hook you up with track your dream, which is a dumb name but a helpful way to confirm that the order is in and correct.

If it’s a remote dealer, presumably they won’t insist on installing Xpel or whatever, but I’d confirm that.

The drive up from Atlanta is going to be neat, but if you’re going to do Xpel or similar you probably want to find a place that can do it there.

And I would definitely take the earlier slot.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 10:36 PM   #1410
FC
Solving problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
Cool! Make sure they hook you up with track your dream, which is a dumb name but a helpful way to confirm that the order is in and correct.

If it’s a remote dealer, presumably they won’t insist on installing Xpel or whatever, but I’d confirm that.

The drive up from Atlanta is going to be neat, but if you’re going to do Xpel or similar you probably want to find a place that can do it there.

And I would definitely take the earlier slot.
Right, I was thinking about arranging for xpel to be done there.

Everything would be easier and cheaper if a plan a work trip to atl at the time. But if my wife comes, the logistics get trickier as far as waiting there for a day or two. Smaller details.

I do wonder if the PEC (Porche Experience Center) can hook me up with a reputable xpel installer.