carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 01-16-2016, 02:31 PM   #91
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
Manual SS in Delaware

There are also 2 at a dealer in Colorado if you want to trade the jag on the way back.
bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:19 PM   #92
TD
Founder emeritus

Has anyone compiled a list of parts and part #s to do the Chevy to Holden transformation? The SS (in Holden guise) does hold strong appeal to me. Just curious how much it would cost to swap out parts and badges.
TD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 03:38 PM   #93
JST

There's a guy on the SS and G8 boards named "Crazy Paul" that ships the parts up from Oz.

Sounds like the SS is mostly badges and a new grille; the G8 is obvs more extensive. From what ppl say, it's the airbag that's the most expensive, though also the least critical.

I haven't seen a price breakdown, but it sounds like it couldn't be more than a couple hundred bucks.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:32 PM   #94
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I was curious, so looked around on the SS forum... Looks like people are also changing the firmware on the screens inside the car to use Holden graphics instead of Chevy...

Requires a lot of dash disassembly, and sending components to someone that does the upgrade... http://www.ssforums.com/forum/how-fo...splay-dic.html
Old 01-16-2016, 06:16 PM   #95
Sharp11
Vicarious Twitterer

Carmudgeonly Ride: 06 330 cic ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Panamera is interesting. Especially since it comes in shit brown, but I think that could be fun. Manual SSs are unicorns. It would be my preference, but I could live with an auto. "A better one is just a year away" will always hold true for the Camaro and Mustang. As a daily driver, it doesn't matter, but how could I have one and not autocross it?

I was out doing some errands with my wife this morning. We were in the Focus. I was thinking about how it might be different in the XK8. Or this car. Or that car. Hmm.
You're going to meld right into that XK8 - that and a pipe and smoking jacket and you're a new man
Sharp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:33 PM   #96
bren
lawn boy

http://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chevr...16-camaro-1le/

Quote:
We expect the 2017 Camaro 1LE to feature the majority of the handling goodies of the 2017 Camaro ZL1. Here’s what we expect about the 2017 Camaro 1LE:

Offered exclusively on 1SS and 2SS coupe models with the exclusive Tremec TR6060-MM6 six-speed manual transmission
Paired with a numerically-higher final-drive ratio, the close-ratio gearing of the transmission is tuned for road-racing performance
Standard air-to-liquid cooling system for track use
Unique suspension components to achieve optimal body-motion control while preserving much of the ride quality and wheel-motion control of the Camaro SS, including:
Larger stabilizer bars
Strut tower brace for improved steering feel and response
ZL1-based wheels
Extra-sticky front and rear tires
ZL1 wheel bearings, toe links and rear shock mounts
High-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups for improved fuel delivery during high-load cornering
Visually, we expect the 1LE package to continue being distinguished by a matte black hood, front splitter and rear spoiler – as well as black ZL1-based wheels. The functional front splitter and rear spoiler contribute to the car’s on-track performance by helping to reduce aerodynamic lift at high speeds.
Inside, we expect the 1LE package to bring the ZL1’s flat-bottom steering wheel, most likely trimmed in sueded-microfiber and designed for easier heel-and-toe driving on the racetrack, as well as the expected the short-throw shifter from the ZL1, also finished in sueded microfiber
We also expect Chevrolet to pursue SCCA approval of the 1LE package for Touring Class competition to enable owners enter the 1LE into amateur-racing events
Old 01-29-2016, 02:35 PM   #97
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

I've been semi-casually perusing 4th-gen f-body ads lately, but this looks like a lot more fun.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:41 PM   #98
zach
swinging for the fences

Carmudgeonly Ride: 987, X7 M60i, e36 M3
I know you don't want another Focus, but the RS looks amazing.
zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #99
bren
lawn boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach View Post
I know you don't want another Focus, but the RS looks amazing.
I'm not sure it qualifies as amazing. You hanging out with JST lately or something?

This place has some really cool stuff:

http://www.motorcarswashington.com

Old 01-29-2016, 03:50 PM   #100
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
I get the low miles but holy jesus 50K!!

http://www.motorcarswashington.com/w...inia/26991091/