carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2023, 11:06 PM   #1
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
M5 Search

I'll spare you the ridiculous drama surrounding a local dealer twice wasting my time when I wanted to test drive a CPO 550i, but despite not having driven it, it seems like the likely option for me. I'll drive one soon I'm sure.

I wanted to recruit your help in letting me know if you come across the right one in your area. For the moment I am only looking around me.

The ideal time to get one would be sometime between March and September of next year, but if the perfect one shows up sooner, that's fine. Similarly, if the search takes longer I'll live.

So far, this is what I am looking for:

- MY2021 or later (LCI), but for the right cream puff car with the perfect specs I may consider a MY2020 (that is the year of the latest and greatest engine updates that run through 2023)
- Any black or dark blue will do (bonus for Tanzanite), may consider silver or Aventurine Red. Definitely no gray or white.
- Must have Nappa leather interior in a dark color (Black or Mocha are the only ones, I believe)
- Naturally, lower mileage and signs of an easy life with no mods is huge. CPO is ideal.
- Not set on a budget, but assuming a 20'-22' MY, ~$60-75k should get me a pretty nice example. I'm not sure I need a 23' but for the right deal, sure - even if it costs more. But I am not paying $90k+ for a new one.

That's it for the hard requirements.

- The more options the better. I hear great things about the Dynamic Handling Pkg but it seems hard to find. Park assistance pkg is a good one to have also. But generally, the more loaded up the better.
- Huge bonus if the car has the M668 wheels but those are hard to find on MY2021+.

See wheels below on a Tanzanite car:

Last edited by FC; 11-05-2023 at 09:28 AM.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote