carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
lip277
The old cranky SOB....

Carmudgeonly Ride: several cars... way too many....
Well.... Thought I'd mention it here....

I've made up my mind that I will (soon) get rid of the two E38's and get a 'fun' car ...

This is where it gets interesting. And feel free to chime in.

I am leaning towards a two door 'something' - don't know what yet.
I drove recently an Audi S5 (2011).... and just yesterday a Porsche 911 S (2009?) - Each was fun in it's own way -

The Audi... Kind of like the BMW's I am used to. Can soak up the highway miles like they are going out of style. Heavy car - but well mannered. Comfortable. I could see this in my garage.
The Porsche... WOW... What a kick in the pants. Felt connected to the car - but noisy. PZero tires were (supposedly) the culprit on that. Very annoying noise. A wonderful feel to it. Not much utility to that car... But then again - that is not the point.

There are a couple more on the 'short list' that I am interested in. Mercedes too....

Yeah - Selling the 2002. Both newer BMW's will be going too. (No - I am NOT going to sell the E9 )

Just time to change gears. I am kind of open to ideas if there is something you think I should look at. I'm thinking of jumping into this in the Spring.
SO... We'll see where this goes.

1970 2800CS - - 2001 740iL - - 2006 997.1 - - 2012 Escalade
1968 Mustang GT Convertible - - 2003 Ford F250 PSD - - 1985 728i
lip277 is offline   Reply With Quote