carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Old 06-19-2019, 03:36 PM   #11
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M3 View Post
As a corollary, I don’t understand the new tiny headlights aesthetic, either. With the E30 for scale, you can see how small they are....
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 05:30 PM   #12
kognito
older fart than ZBB

I still like the looks of the Buick Regal Tour X

Really should test drive one someday
Old 06-19-2019, 06:41 PM   #13
ZBB
Relic

Carmudgeonly Ride: A very fast golf cart
I’m in Portugal this week...

Keep seeing all the cars we can’t get. It’s crazy. I’d say well under 10% have a trunk. Doesn’t matter if most were tiny. Nearly all 3 series I saw were wagons. Same goes for mb C class and A4s...

(And don’t ask me about my rental car. Let’s just say it was only kinda European...)
Old 06-20-2019, 02:28 PM   #14
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post

Yeah I'm kind of intrigued as well atleast by the v6 version. Sat in one at the NY auto show- seemed pretty nice. I think ZBB got the hatch version as a rental car at some point during his whole Model 3 repair saga.
robg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #15
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post

Wow. It's even longer than the E450 wagon.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:42 PM   #16
FC
Solving problems

Carmudgeonly Ride: M5 / 718 GTS / Cooper S / GTI / LR4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdc330i View Post
Wow. It's even longer than the E450 wagon.
That's crazy.

Speaking of huge cars, the president of my company just got an M550i, and that thing is HUGE. He parks it close to and sometimes next to my car and it is just crazy big for being a 5er.
FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:51 PM   #17
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
That's crazy.

Speaking of huge cars, the president of my company just got an M550i, and that thing is HUGE. He parks it close to and sometimes next to my car and it is just crazy big for being a 5er.

Hmm- I see current gen 5 series fairly often and they don’t seem that much bigger than the previous gen f10. Still haven’t really warmed up to the looks though
Old 06-20-2019, 04:07 PM   #18
Alan
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Hmm- I see current gen 5 series fairly often and they don’t seem that much bigger than the previous gen f10. Still haven’t really warmed up to the looks though
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
That's crazy.

I have to admit my 540 is pretty big, I notice it most when parking in my garage it takes up A LOT of space. Fortunately it does not drive like a big car.

As far as the looks, while I am tired of the F10 I still think when I see one with the M sport package that they gave that car a sportier and better look. I really don't think my car is good looking ... maybe when they refresh it they will change the wheels and give it a better look.

Also I think BMW should have done a better job on the back of the car. It just looks so plain and very similar to the outgoing model ... again maybe the refresh will improve it.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:42 PM   #19
robg
Carmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF View Post
I have to admit my 540 is pretty big, I notice it most when parking in my garage it takes up A LOT of space. Fortunately it does not drive like a big car.

As far as the looks, while I am tired of the F10 I still think when I see one with the M sport package that they gave that car a sportier and better look. I really don't think my car is good looking ... maybe when they refresh it they will change the wheels and give it a better look.

Also I think BMW should have done a better job on the back of the car. It just looks so plain and very similar to the outgoing model ... again maybe the refresh will improve it.
Agree- there's still something nice about an F10 with Msport. I'm ok with the looks of the current model with the right wheels in a dark color but you're right that they need to improve the back of it. Not crazy about the silver/gold colored mirrors on the M550 (although that goes for the whole M performance lineup).

Just looked up the length- wikipedia lists 194.3 for the current one and 193.3 for the F10 so it only got 1" longer. (and, yes, that's what she said)

What do you think of the new A6? I really like what they did w/ the styling of it.
Old 06-20-2019, 07:55 PM   #20
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Agree- there's still something nice about an F10 with Msport. I'm ok with the looks of the current model with the right wheels in a dark color but you're right that they need to improve the back of it. Not crazy about the silver/gold colored mirrors on the M550 (although that goes for the whole M performance lineup).

Just looked up the length- wikipedia lists 194.3 for the current one and 193.3 for the F10 so it only got 1" longer. (and, yes, that's what she said)

What do you think of the new A6? I really like what they did w/ the styling of it.
That’s huge, too. I guess I’m just a small car person. Had to go down to the 2 series to stay in E46 size territory.
wdc330i is offline   Reply With Quote