carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
bren
lawn boy

Carmudgeonly Ride: e46m3, f25x3,C5 Z06, C4 Vette, 06 CTD Ram, and a trailer
So I found myself at the BMW dealer

We've been thinking of replacing the wife's Grand Cherokee for a while, and pondering pretty much any and all SUV's in the mean-time. Yesterday we finally had some time (and a baby sitter) to head over to the BMW dealer where they happened to have a used MDX, and a Cayenne. (Previously we've driven both gen X5's and a new Jeep GC.) It didn't take long to realize that for one reason or another we were both happiest with the x3 over everything else we looked at.

We ran the numbers a bit and it seems like they must have some pretty awful residuals/money factors on the x3 right now. Shouldn't the 2012 lease be pretty much as good a deal as can be right now? I've been looking around the net and can't seem to find the actual numbers from BMW anymore. Am I missing something, or are these no longer published? I know we have several bmw leases around here - where do you guys go now to research and figure these things out?

It's really annoying that nobody else can figure out how to make a decently competitive vehicle. I feel kind of dirty actually considering buying a no dipstick, turbo BMW, but what are you going to do.

Oh, and I must be the only person who actually appreciated the a la carte ording system, because they've really moved to all sorts of silly, overstuffed, packages now. booo
bren is offline   Reply With Quote