carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk > Perseverators Anonymous

Old 09-02-2020, 09:52 PM   #3001
Jeff_DML
Old Fart

Carmudgeonly Ride: T4R,GTI
JST might like this one

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...e2-recreation/
Jeff_DML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:52 PM   #3002
JST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_DML View Post
The driving videos are bonkers. I...don't understand why you'd build that, but it's pretty cool.

I'm holding out for a Peugeot T16, though.
JST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:32 PM   #3003
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Carmudgeonly Ride: M2C Stick
What do you think this will top out at? I almost want to bid to have this cheaper beauty of a rag top to drive during the dry months here. I love it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1993-bmw-325i-14/
Old 09-03-2020, 01:57 AM   #3004
lip277
The old cranky SOB....

Carmudgeonly Ride: several cars... way too many....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
That is a NICE one... very original. I mean VERY ORIGINAL... and to a high standard also. Will be interesting to see where it ends up on the food chain (of auction results). Thanks for pointing that one out - I had not seen it there yet...

Quote:
What do you think this will top out at? I almost want to bid to have this cheaper beauty of a rag top to drive during the dry months here. I love it.

Given recent BaT sales, I would think it could be up towards $10k or more even. Not 'cheaper' - but... all that $$ is relative these days...

I've been keeping an eye on them (E30 convertibles) for a while now.
A few years back, Patty saw an older lady driving one around and it made an impression. Granted - the car was part of it - but the lady had that style that Patty likes... Large oversize sunglasses, flowing scarf (and the top was down so it was trailing behind a bit), a hat that kind of hid her features... that look from an old Alfred Hitchcock movie (picture 'To Catch a Thief' - and you'll be pretty close).
So - I was given direction to keep my eyes open. LOL - Patty had to do the rest to complete that package.
Then - life got in the way... New house, E9 restoration, move... all sorts of fun.. (Yes, I am delinquent on pics of the E9 restoration and new house shop interior completion - will do that soon)

Quote:
I’m super sad they are selling off all of these iconic Tahoe crafts. Tahoe is loosing a lot of its history.
Yeah - Whenever we were at South Shore, we'd always go by Sierra Boat Company and have a nice look around - and then have lunch at the restaurant next door (Gar Woods Grill - LOL).
Right - too bad the museum is closing down.... Another one bites the dust...

1970 2800CS - - 2001 740iL - - 2006 997.1 - - 2012 Escalade
1968 Mustang GT Convertible - - 2003 Ford F250 PSD - - 1985 728i
lip277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:25 AM   #3005
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:
I’m super sad they are selling off all of these iconic Tahoe crafts. Tahoe is loosing a lot of its history.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:28 AM   #3006
kognito
older fart than ZBB

Quote:

Car like that always reminds me of 90210
Old 09-03-2020, 08:31 AM   #3007
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:

I love those.
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:32 AM   #3008
wdc330i
dogged

Carmudgeonly Ride: '22 M440 xDrive GC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lip277 View Post
That is a NICE one... very original. I mean VERY ORIGINAL... and to a high standard also. Will be interesting to see where it ends up on the food chain (of auction results). Thanks for pointing that one out - I had not seen it there yet...

Given recent BaT sales, I would think it could be up towards $10k or more even. Not 'cheaper' - but... all that $$ is relative these days...

A few years back, Patty saw an older lady driving one around and it made an impression. Granted - the car was part of it - but the lady had that style that Patty likes... Large oversize sunglasses, flowing scarf (and the top was down so it was trailing behind a bit), a hat that kind of hid her features... that look from an old Alfred Hitchcock movie (picture 'To Catch a Thief' - and you'll be pretty close).
So - I was given direction to keep my eyes open. LOL - Patty had to do the rest to complete that package.
Then - life got in the way... New house, E9 restoration, move... all sorts of fun.. (Yes, I am delinquent on pics of the E9 restoration and new house shop interior completion - will do that soon)

Yeah - Whenever we were at South Shore, we'd always go by Sierra Boat Company and have a nice look around - and then have lunch at the restaurant next door (Gar Woods Grill - LOL).
Right - too bad the museum is closing down.... Another one bites the dust...
Beware the long flowing scarves and convertibles.
wdc330i is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #3009
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kognito View Post
Car like that always reminds me of 90210
That and the blond guys C4 grand sport. =)
Old 09-03-2020, 09:39 AM   #3010
Theo
Crazy Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip277 View Post

So - I was given direction to keep my eyes open. LOL - Patty had to do the rest to complete that package...
Great story. Make sure she doesn’t see this listing!!!! =)