carmudgeons.com  

Go Back   carmudgeons.com > Automotive Forums > Car Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2013, 03:26 PM   #11
blee
Doctor Mudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JST View Post
That's really very cool, actually, but I imagine that there's a zero percent chance you'd be able to get out of a ticket for not having a front plate running one of those. It wouldn't bug me so much except that they nail you for parking on the street without valid tags in DC and Alexandria (ask me how I know).
Maybe I've told this story here already...years ago, when I was a full-time post-bacc student, I parked in two-hour designated areas in Georgetown for the day. I learned that I could do this every day and get ticketed an average of 1-2 times per week, which was way cheaper than getting a garage pass anyway. I didn't have a front plate on my Focus, but I made sure to slide it onto the dashboard after parking.

One day I parked and forgot to do that. Oh, and I realized later that my safety inspection had expired the day before. I came back to my car and found three tickets tucked under the windshield wiper. That was a pretty expensive month.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote